• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export a timeline as individual clips

Participant ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There must be a way to do this - in Davinici it's literally a check box on export.

Please can someone help me

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Hey there –

We kept hearing this question so we created this tutorial for how to export your timeline as individual clips! 

I'm also talking with our designers about how to work this feature into a more intuitive spot in the app! Thanks for bringing this to us.

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be amazing if you could click a box that includes effects and color corrections made on the clips.  It would save me a lifetimes worth of time exporting trimmed up and colorcorrected clips for stock sites.  Currently I have to nest each clip and select them all and export that way.  Seems like a tottally unesseary step.   I think it would be best if you could just select all the clips on a timeline and right click them, then have an option to export clips indivually.  Please update this thread when this is implmented.  Hopefully Adobe will put this on the top of their to do list, seems like a no brainer feature to have implmented. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this, I could REALLY use this feature.   It would be best if you could simply select the clips you want to export in the timeline and right click them and select "Export as individual clips"  -  Then if you wanted you could have two checkboxes on a dialague that pops up along with the normal render settings.  One check box to export clips wihtout effects applied and one to export with them applied..perhaps a third to export with both. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Useinsg this method you can export individual clips in any video frormat and codec. Even h264 mp4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5NI4_BzvDA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a workaround. We can make a subsequence from each clip on timeline and then import a Premiere project into Media Encoder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what worked best for me. I believe it keeps effects in place, allows you to export with the full range of settings, send to encoder, etc. Seems to me like this should really just be a check box on export. As a VFX artist, I often want the clips split up.

PLUS: The hotkey is "ctrl u" so you can just click through your sequence pressing this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting using project manager without the effects or lumetri grade is NOT the same, and its not the answer to this quetion.  The answer to the question is apparently: no - premiere cannot export to individual clips like DaVinci Resolve can do with literally one click of a box.  There are a few ways you can export trimmed source clips, and then go back in and reapply the grade to every shot individually.  But that it.  Otherwise you have to select every clip individually and export either with the regular export or the render and replace option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even in Resolve, you need to make sure you have the right settings or the grade won't go with the clips. But you can set up Resolve to do so.

Premiere ... requires a rather tedious workaround, you are absolutely correct. This is the UserVoice request with the most votes for the feature ...

Export Timeline as Individual Clips

There are plugins that can sorta help ... Autokroma's "AfterCodecs" gives you the ability to export multiple clips from a sequence as clips, but ... without their original clip or sequence timecode.

Also "Clips Exporter" from aescripts.com, but I don't know if that gives timecodes of the clips either.

Neither seems a replacement for what the app should do without a plugin.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran upon this thread, somewhat by accident, that started several years ago and thought I'd provide a different solution for anyone wanting to use it. While using the Project Manager (as suggested) to export individual clips is useful and valuable, by consolidating and transcoding, here's a different way.

If your sequence contains all the cuts for each clip you want to export individually, this should work for you. Start with creating a new bin in your project (to make things easier). Then select all the clips in the sequence and drag to the bin. The cursor should change to a hand with a plus symbol. After dropping this onto the new bin a new clip will be created. This is essentially an in and out point of the primary clip. You can double-click each one to see the in and out point. You can also rename them so each clip, when exported, will be named separately.

Then select all the clips in the bin, right-click and choose Export Media. All the clips will be selected for export. Personally, I send them to Media Encoder, but I do believe that merely exporting from Premiere will export them all using the same settings.

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing I should mention, make sure before exporting to tick the box to "Include clip and sequence markers". This is in the Metadata section in the Premiere Pro export settings. Otherwise, all the clips will ignore the in and out points.

Then, if you're using Media Encoder, make sure you confirm the Source Range of all the clips to export by selecting all the clips in the Queue (the preset should be set to Custom) and click on the top Custom link to open the settings for all the selected clips. This will open the settings to show the export preview. Set the Source Range to Clip In/Out to so that you only export that portion of the entire sequence. I hope this provides further clarification.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently discovered that in the more recent versions of Premiere Pro, the option in the Export window, Include clip and sequence markers, has been removed. There is now only a Include Markers option. It seems the same process will work to export clips using Premiere Pro 2023 and 2024 using this same workflow, and checking the Include Markers and exporting to Media Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@pixonti Thank you so much!! I spent hours searching the internet for a simple solution to this, and this is by far the most elegant and streamlined one I've found. You get all the points. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I stumbled upon a couple of other options that may prove useful to everyone, especially if you have lots of clips to export.

1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI7X-NSj_ls

2 - https://www.reddit.com/r/premiere/comments/zkwspu/batch_export_clips_in_timeline_automatically/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines