Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export/Convert mov to mp4 output file bigger and bad quality

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

In former times I used to make videos with premiere.

Nowadays I thought about buying premiere again and tried out premiere elements (to check out whether this cheaper version is good enough for me). But I was pretty shocked by the low quality of an exported mp4-file. Input was an about 80 Mb size-mov-file. The output mp4-file was bigger, about 90 Mb, and had unacceptable bad quality! 

So I change to an only-converting-programm "Free mp4-converter" (premium version (30 Euros), for windows), the result was a pretty good - small file about 17 Mb and GOOD quality.

Did I something wrong or ins't possible to get good results with premiere (elements) for converting mov to mp4?

TOPICS
Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot of your sequence and export settings as well as your media pixel dimensions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx for answering so quick. OK, I'm going to reprodruce the result (unfortunately I deleted the output clip and my trial premiere elements version on windows ran out of time. But I think I'm allowed to try out a demo version for mac once again.), to talk about something concret.

To be back next days..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trial premiere elements version
By @Lorenz15B9

You posted in the Premiere Pro forum, not the Premiere Elements forum.

If you are using Premiere Elements, this thread can be moved to that forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peru Bob,

I'm sorry for that! I'm asking in question generally what's possible with premiere pro or elements to get good converting-results.

But it can be moved if you think the other place fits better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We can leave it here if you prefer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines