• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export is overexposed

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stumped! Any idea why my export looks overexposed? No matter what output I choose (Quicktime, H.264, YouTube), the export doesn't match the timeline. A client sent this over, so working with the original file. You can see the timeline and then the export in my screenshot. (Added emoji for privacy)

I will mention, no adjustment layers. Brand new timeline. Just dragged and dropped. Looks fine in the timeline but not in the export.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is that clip ... format/codec, shot with what, and what settings?

Is it HLG by any chance?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil!

Yes, you are correct. The working color space is HLG. When I change my sequence to HLG, it darkens all the other clips in my timeline - not ideal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But makes the clip in question look fine of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you share a short clip doing this by dropbox or something? I'm trying to see if I can get this to an engineer.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

I am having the same issue working with HLG footage from a Sony a1. Any idea how to fix it?

thanks so much,

-Jose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found why:

My project color space was rec. 2100 HLG and the exported video on rec. 709. That makes total sense. It's a bummer that I don't get hardware acceleration with 2100 HLG when exporting, that makes a huge difference. My graphics card is a RTX 3080.

I found this post very useful:

Solved: My export preview is over-exposed and saturated. - Adobe Support Community - 12601805

thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines