• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Issue: Music / Video glitch back a few frames

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to export a video after finishing some edits with Premiere Pro. While exporting, however, the video or audio (with multiple attempts) glitch back one second. I'm running Premiere on MacBook Pro '21 M1 Chip. Tried running the software with Rosetta, didn't help. Tried disabling hardware accelerated encoding, didn't help. Tried multiple export formats, didn't help. Anyone knows what could be the issue?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

I just figured it out with the hint from Ishan Y - for this video, at least. I'll see if this works with my later projects...

Render and Replace for audio does not do the job, but Render and Replace the clips solved the problem. What may be the most helpful is simply Render and Replace all clips and audio prior to export next time. A huge thank you to all who've helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear you're having issues!

Can you define what you mean by "glitch back one second" though? Do you mean it's out of sync?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply!

If it's the audio, it jumps one second backward. For instance, the music plays to 00:26, and then it glitches back to 00:25, when the video is playing normally to 00:27. And then the music simply plays 2 seconds out of sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you share your source file properties? (Project Panel > Right-click on source file > Properties). We need to check if the source file is in variable frame rate. If it is, please transcode the file using Handbrake.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's all the clips / audios I used. It was just a quick fix on an existing video, so there' not many clips in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the info. Your video doesn't seem to be in variable frame rate. Could you right-click on the audio clips on the timeline and select Render and Replace? Let us know if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply!

I tried it out - didn't work. Or rather, it's now broken in another way.

Now the video STARTS with the video and audio out of sync. Half way through the video, however, it glitches FORWARD - and then the video and audio plays IN SYNC with no problem until the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I exported again, now the video starts and ends in sync, but there is 20 seconds in the middle of the video when the video glitched forward first and then back. It is a full raw clip, not between clip transitions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, try converting the Mp3s to WAV files using Media Encoder. Compressed audio is never a good option and sometimes Mp3s can cause glitchy behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just figured it out with the hint from Ishan Y - for this video, at least. I'll see if this works with my later projects...

Render and Replace for audio does not do the job, but Render and Replace the clips solved the problem. What may be the most helpful is simply Render and Replace all clips and audio prior to export next time. A huge thank you to all who've helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear you found a workaround! Feel free to reach out to us again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Am not sure exactly if experience the same problem on my m2 but on the latest update the one with the sound enhancement I noticed that on the export i get a glitch at 3 minutes time of the 20 minutes video for 2 seconds and then the rest of the video is okay i will try to use a faster external ssd "sandisk extreme pro" and see if the problem remains it has to do with memory overload on the media that's the only thing that makes sense keep in mind when premiere is exporting it uncompromising the media to raw so the Mac doesn't have enough ram to export so it uses the hard drive as a place for the media am going to report my findings the following days with the new ssd 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines