• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export issues v.22.0 glitchy h264

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem exporting timelines to h264 with RED (R3D) media. There are inconsistent glitches on R3D shots. Premiere v22.0 on an M1 Mac Mini. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 9.44.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 9.44.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 9.45.20 PM.png

I've tried...

- Deleting render files.

- Rendered with previews (ProRes422HQ and 4444) and without.

- Changed Lumetri color settings.

- Turned off my screensaver and sleep mode on my machine.

- Changed h264 export perameters. 

- Deleted any shots on tracks underneath the offending glitchy shots.

The glitches keep happening and bounce around on my timeline on each export. I'm getting tired of explaining to the client that the final will not have these glitches. Any suggetions?

Thanks so much community!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi IanOUAlumn!

We appreciate that you tried troubleshooting. Can you let us know what happens when you switch to "Software Only"? https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-how-to-change-the-video-renderer-in-prem...

Also, please share the screenshot of your export settings.

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but that is an M1 ("Apple silicon") Mac. Software only is not available at all. Only Metal is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kartika, here is a screenshot of an export setting example. I've been able to isolate the incidences on both speed changes and when I'm stacking clips in my timeline. I went through one by one and deleted clips on tracks underneath which seems to (temporarily) solve the problems. I'm exporting Software Only. If you look at the viewer on the left it's showing glitchy video as well. But the export problems happen on both rendering with "Use Previews" and both native resolution exports, resized and letterboxing. 

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pardon I'm not sure you'll be able to see those settings in that tiny screenshot. Here it is again!

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 9.26.54 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian,

Sorry. You have a lot going on that really could use a GPU for this workflow. Scaling, color correction, high end formats, and all that I do not know about that workflow.

Try this. With your Sequence Settings' set to Editing Mode > Custom, and the video previews codec is set to ProRes LT, 422, or 4444. Set the frame size for these render files to match those sequence settings. Then, render your entire timeline (you may need more disk space!) and then export as the same codec as your render files (AKA video previews) using Previews enabled. Note: this does little to assist H.264 exports, it works great with other codecs if settings match. If these settings and render files are perfectly matched, you'll know it, as your ProRes export will take literally seconds. In this case, you are merely copying files to a new ProRes master. You are not encoding. With this output master, create your H.264 outputs. Hope that makes sense.

My feeling is that not having a standard GPU has forced M1 systems into this "smart rendering" workflow. I hope that Apple can improve how these machines function under this new architecture. Sorry about that. You may want to let devs know on the User Voice site.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Kevin for your thoughtful response!

Yep, I'm aware of the ProRes preview workflow and I'll try that instead. Or I'll flatten my timelines on export because that seems to do the trick.

These M1's now are a blessing and a curse. Exports are so fast now but with errors. I'll post on the UserVoice site as suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines