• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Leaves Audio & Video Out of Sync

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So whenever I export a long-ish video, I've found that the export leaves the video and audio out of sync by a second or two. I haven't changed my settings at all, so I'm not sure what caused this. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Hi Xickin,

Sorry. Are you evaluating in QuickTime Player? If so, what is the result with, say, VLC? What happens if you upload a sample file? If both of these situations show your file in sync, then the issue may be with QuickTime Player.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it still out of sync when importing it back into Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The initial raw vids are fine when I put them in Premiere. I've checked over them a few times just to make sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the footage is variable framerate con vert to constant framerate with Handbrake before bringing into Premiere.

Converting videos with Handbrake - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The framerates are the same. The size sometimes varies (px), but I correct that in Premeire. Regardless some of the videos I make are always the same sizem, whether or not that has anything to do with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Xickin,

Sorry. Are you evaluating in QuickTime Player? If so, what is the result with, say, VLC? What happens if you upload a sample file? If both of these situations show your file in sync, then the issue may be with QuickTime Player.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So yeah, I pretty much always use Quicktime, so I tried VLC, and it looks synched. Thank you!

Out of curiosity, do you have an inkling as to why Quicktime is acting like this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and yes, VLC played back fine. But (being on a mac) quicktime is baked-in so deeply that even the space-bar preview is relying on quicktime player. Does anyone know why quicktime has a lag when playing back these files? When I send them to clients for review I can't control what their player will do.

I am using BigSur and would rather not update while this project is still active, unless there is a good reason to believe that thesync issue was resolved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is a VLC? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Tony,

It's a video player application, like QuickTime Player.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines