• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

export location option does not display active files that exist

Engaged ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting, there seems to be a bug where I cannot see previous renders I want to overwrite when selecting the file location. For instance, I render out my sequence as prores and find a mistake. I go back to export and choose the file location, but the prores file to replace is not listed. In fact, no files show up. Just an explorer window that says no items match your search. Please adobe fix so we can see and replace files when we export. I'm on windows 10, latest PP version (22.3.1) 

TOPICS
Editing , Export , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a known issue.

Please post that here, where the Adobe engineers read all threads:
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

done, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was "an unfortunate oversight" never meant to happen, according to a program super at NAB. And will probably go away with the next patch sent out.

They rushed out the patch 22.3.1 for the "34 minute" problem, they've got a few things like this lined up for the next patch. Sometime soon-ish.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been fixed and you can test it in public beta right now.  We have implimented a "Save As" dialog instead of just a simple location picker which we had before.  This allows you to set the name in the same step as choosing the location including the ability to click on a previous file to copy the name.  We ususally don't promise when a fix will be released, but I can say that we intend to get this into the very next patch release since this is causing such a headache for so many people. Many appologies for the inconvenience.

SaveAsDialog.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Francis,

On my PC, on beta build 22.5.0 build 40 ... I'm not seeing any "save as ..." option, I get what has been happening. A blank folder window. Period.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally found the new 'save as' option ... it's a tiny phrase in the upper left corner of that first dialog that opens when you click the filename of the export.

One rather major issue ... past it is SO not obvious a process ... it only shows media in the same format as the current export!

Um ... so, you're now wanting to make an H.264 deliverable of your master file ... but the master is a ProRes therefore mov ... and you can't see mov filenames with an H.264 export.

For me, that's rather a problem.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Neil - you are totally right, that is a problem to only show media in the same format!  I totally agree.  I've already got engineering looking into a fix for that too.  Stay tuned.  What part is not obvious – choosing the file location, the name, clicking on a previous file to copy the name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for noting the problem of only seeing the similar format files!

The non-obvious ... when I initially clicked the filename, expecting to get a folder with names in it ... I got a blank folder again. I closed it, reopened. Still a blank folder. I navigated to other folders, all blank. Then posted the first bit of response.

Then went back and tried again ... and finally saw that in the upper left of the Windows Explorer window, to the left of the area below the folder-tree and above the blank box ... there was a very small text item "Save as ..."

And it was when I clicked on that small, nearly hidden Save-as that I finally got the files to show.

I had ... expected ... that it would simply show the files without me having to do something. Having to hunt for the 'save-as' option was not what I was expecting.

Neil

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines