Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export MP4 movie from Premiere and won't play in Iphone

Participant ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is this problem now. It never happened before. So, I export a .mp4 movie and it doesn't play in my or my friends Iphone. It play in Samsung phones. Weird, isn't? My export setup is:

Format: H.264

Preset: Match Source- Medium Bitrate

I am exporting a vertical video to Instagram width:1080 height:1920

I have plenty space in my Iphone. I have update my Premiere a few days ago. I ma using now the last version 13.03 (build 9). What am I doing wrong? Or is there a bug in this version??

My workflow to be able to upload a video in the I phone is that:

Export with that setup I describe above and then import it to MPEG Streamclip and set my export to MPG4. Doing that I am able to upload my videos to any Iphone.

Anybody ever have this problem?

Thanks a lot,

Fernando Alves

Fernando Alves
Editor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Hello to anyone having this issue, where a Premiere Pro exported .mp4 video file will not save to your iPhone, and particularly when saving from DropBox. I have root-caused 2 contributing factors: 1. Exporting using 'hardware' and not 'software' under the 'performance' setting can cause the problem. 2. I found a 6k aspect ratio also caused the issue - when I reduced the export aspect ratio to 4k or below, the file saved to the iPhone as expected. I hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I appreciate your feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gosh thanks so much cause this really helps and it works !! ❤️ Really appreciate you sharing as I have been searching for solutions and this is the exact one I was looking for. Didn't even know why the setting wasn't at default 'No Fields' after the mac at my office was reformatted and premiere reinstalled. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome!! 😁😁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to render it in a match source setting, and then render again the rendered file with mobile setting. It fixed my problem. I hope it will solve your problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello to anyone having this issue, where a Premiere Pro exported .mp4 video file will not save to your iPhone, and particularly when saving from DropBox. I have root-caused 2 contributing factors: 1. Exporting using 'hardware' and not 'software' under the 'performance' setting can cause the problem. 2. I found a 6k aspect ratio also caused the issue - when I reduced the export aspect ratio to 4k or below, the file saved to the iPhone as expected. I hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines