Export Presets Causing Playback Issues

New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working out of my 2014 iMac 5K Retina computer on a project in Premiere. My client has requested this project have multiple export presets for multiple videos, particularly YouTube and Vimeo. My problem is that the QuickTime Player only plays back properly when the source is matched. Any time I try to export in a preset, the video ends up freezing or scrambled. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Formats , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi CD,

Which version of Premiere Pro are you using? If you use a current version, you cannot harness older Mac hardware to assist your session if the source footage is H.264. For example, the iMac is too old to support H.264 hardware encoding or decoding. Try "Software Encoding" as a first step, as the presets probably are set to Hardware Encoding, which requires components that you do not have.

Let us know if Hardware Encoding works, OK?

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines