Export quality down the gutter

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a brand new M1 macbook pro, latest version of premiere, OSX, etc etc... been using premiere for almost a decade. 

I used to be able to trust that my exports would look the same as whats on the timeline, my recent experience with premiere is no longer the case. I get varying glitches with different exports, from static images that glitch out, to animations that decide to glitch out after working fine for 6 edits. 

When I have to pixel peep every second for quality control, not being able to trust the software to do its basic function... it's time to find another editing software. 

Not to mention what happened to h.264 compression? It's already embarassing to have to use a third party app like handbrake that does such a better job at compression than Adobe. But the compression is even worse now? Like instead of a baseline lowering in quality... I'm getting sudden extreme pixelation on sceens that are mostly monochrome, static with a simple super over it. Like destractingly bad compression artifacts, rendering the video useless. 

Get your sheeeeeeeet together adobe!! (is that clean enough for you adobe?)

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thomas,

Sorry for the frustration.

(is that clean enough for you adobe?)

As you may know, and according to community guidelines, profanity in its various forms is not encouraged as we have minors reading here. I hope you understand.

I remind you that these are user to user forums. The product team typically does not read these forums and is typically not here reading. Kindly address quality issues to the Premiere Pro team here instead: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

I'm on a brand new M1 macbook pro, latest version of premiere, OSX, etc etc... been using premiere for almost a decade. 

Thanks for the info. Hope we can help. I've seen export issues with the M1 Macs from some users. Looks like others have found a solution with software encoding on User Voice. See this bug report and upvote here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/44268828-bug-v15-4-1-h264-e...

I get varying glitches with different exports, from static images that glitch out, to animations that decide to glitch out after working fine for 6 edits. 

That sounds bad. Not seen those on my M1. I've read that certain issues may be affecting edits on M1, like frame holds. Do you have any of those in your sequence? Unfortunately, all the M1 issues are not yet listed in the known issues documentation. You might try Rosetta mode as an alternative. That could work.

When I have to pixel peep every second for quality control, not being able to trust the software to do its basic function... it's time to find another editing software. 

Again, these are user to user forums. User Voice can be used to address the Premiere Pro team directly.

I'm getting sudden extreme pixelation on sceens that are mostly monochrome, static with a simple super over it. Like destractingly bad compression artifacts, rendering the video useless. 

Have you tried Software Encoding? If this solves the issue, for sure file a bug on User Voice. You can also file bugs on quality issues there, as well. Sorry again for the bad issues on this new machine.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @thomasw92303853  ,

Sorry for this problem. We have done some export improvements in the latest beta builds. We expect exports to come out without glitches now. You can download the latest Premiere Pro Beta build from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps --> Premiere Pro (Beta)

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

Please try and let us know how it goes in the beta build. If you still see this issue in beta builds, please share your original footage & export settings. We will check it at our end and take quick action.

Thanks,
Mayjain

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines