• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export / Rendered files stutter every second

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded my machine from a 6 year old GPU to a RTX 3080 laptop (i.e. this is not a hardware restriction)

I'm experiencing issues with rendered 360 files from the new machine w.r.t. quality of rendered file.

Here is one file created on my old machine with no jump:

https://youtu.be/JArnPtoA00Y

Here is the new machine with the jumps (you need to watch in high resolution and zoom in to the church wall to see it clearly):

https://youtu.be/d3GwaI5ou_s

Both rendered using Premiere Pro from the same source.

Interestingly, the files playback fine on the timeline at "full" resolution without this jump/skip in PP. I've rendered in different codecx (x264, HEVC), different resolutions (6K, 1920), different bitrate settings, etc etc. I've used media encoder and just encoded from Premiere direct... I'm out of ideas on how to fix this.

I'm using latest version of PP, have the lastest NVIDIA and Intel Drivers... Also tried with APP 14.9

I previously "fixed" this by switching from hardware to software encoding and wrote about it here. Not sure what the issue is now as I only used software encoding.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of drive is your footage stored on?

What is your source footage specs?

What are you export settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Drive is NVME SSD 4TB - only using the one for now but read/write speed is not the bottleneck.

Source footage spec varies: either Prores 422HQ or MP4 H264.

Export settings also vary but any resolution (including low 1080x1080) using H264/HEVC causes the issue - bit rate is high and not the issue either. Exporting in Prores fixes the problem.

Other H264 files play fine without this issue. It must be an encoding codec issue with Adobe CC... Is there a way to reinstall codecs or download secondary codecs for Adobe CC to use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines