• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Screenshot low res (proxies not toggled)

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro 22.3.0 (Build 121) - Mac Pro (Late 2013) macOS Catalina, v10.15.7

When I try to export a screenshot, I make sure that I've turned proxies off, so I am grabbing the screenshot from the high res footage.

The screenshot output I'm getting is low res (probably the proxy quality).

When I restart Premiere Pro and export the screenshot again (without changing the proxy toggle) I now get full res, as intended. 

If I then turn proxies back on and off again, it reverts back to low res and I have to restart Premiere Pro again. Bug or user error? Thanks.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Sorry about the issue. Is there any reason that you are on version 22.3 of Premiere Pro? Can you let us know if you also have this issue on 22.5? Are you having this issue with a specific project or all of them? What export format are you using for the screenshots? Also, please share the preset you used for creating the proxies. We're here to help. 

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey @Ishan Y,

I have the same problem as @The Matia and have also found two other bug reports in which exactly the same problem is discussed. I think these threads should be merged. Here are the links to them:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/when-exporting-frame-screenshot-premiere-uses-proxi... 
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/export-frame-exports-the-proxy-image-and-not-full-r... 
First of all, the bug has been around for a while now (multiple versions) and is consistently occurring. The bug occurs when chosing whatever file format (png, tiff, jpg, ...). I am using a custom Apple ProRes 422 960x540 preset to create proxys. However, the problem also occurs when I use a standard Premiere Pro template for proxies creation. Clicking the icon to disable proxies does not help. The workaround for the problem is to unlink the proxies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines