Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export selection to premiere project not functioning

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the "export selection as premiere project" function on premiere? I've been using it daily for months to share cuts of a feature doc we're editing remotely but in the last few days PP has started duplicating and saving the whole project rather than just the selection... help?!

Many thanks in advance!

A

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Hi AndreEdits,
Sorry about that. The team does know about the issue and is working on a fix. Keep an eye on the beta, where you might find a fix for this bug. Otherwise, you may want to roll back to a previous version where the feature is still functioning as expected.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry to hear that. Which version of Premiere Pro do you have? Does it happen on a specific project? If it's happening with all projects, could you share a screen recording?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there we've done some more tests and we think the "export as new sequence" command in v. 22.5.0 (which we're both running) has been replaced by a "save as" command. When we use the "export as new sequence" command we just end up with a duplicate of the original project (it's exactly the same size - 73.8MB - as opposed to a single exported sequence - approx 3.1 MB). The other infuriating thing is that any new changes to the project are saved in the "exported sequence" project file rather than the original (hence our assumption that the "Save as" command has somehow erroneously been assigned to "export as new sequence").

Can you let us know when this is resolved/ how to update our system to revert to the way things were before? We've lost a lot of time due to this... thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I also am having this problem. Very frustrating - for now, I am just downloading a previous version of Premiere (Premiere 22.1.2) in which I know this problem does not occur because I am running it on a different computer. Here is how to download older versions:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. Can you let us know your OS? We've tried export selection as Premiere Pro and we were not getting this issue. 

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue as well. Happened on two different laptops, MBP 2015 (catalina) and MBP 2021 (monterey). PP 22.5.0. I've used export selection as premiere project command for 7 years, and first time having this issue. it exports the entire project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kubrickianLAThe way I fixed this was downgrding to PP 22.1.2 (here is how: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html). Done this on two computers now until they fix the bug 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks i will do the same!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - the problem was when running Mac OS Monterey 12.2.1 - it has happened with two different computers running Premiere 22.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just chiming in to say I have the same issue! Running Premiere Pro 22.5.0 (Build 62). On an Apple M1 Max MacBook Pro running macOS Monterey (12.5).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AndreEdits,
Sorry about that. The team does know about the issue and is working on a fix. Keep an eye on the beta, where you might find a fix for this bug. Otherwise, you may want to roll back to a previous version where the feature is still functioning as expected.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Kevin! I appreciate the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin!
Just letting you know the problem also happens when importing a sequence through the Media Browser.

Thanks,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Steve.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I had the same issue with Premiere Pro 22.5 and I tried to roll back to the previous version. The export function is not working at all, even though I used the Media Encoder to export my video edit - the progress bar is not moving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I have the same issue and rolled the version back to 22.0 and it is not working either.

It is getting very fustrating.

Carole

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jumping on the bandwagon to state we have this same issue on Mac OS Premiere Pro 22.5.0 (Build 62)

This function had worked flawlessly for years, but now it does not.  Adobe, Please un-break it.

We've been doing this workaround which is not as nice but does work...

-Highlight, right click and copy the sequence(s) you wanted to export as their own project.

-Create a new, empty project in premiere. (File>New>Project)

-Once that's open, right click in the project pane and paste the copied sequence(s) into it.  (all dependent clips and bins will populate in there alongside)

-Tab back to the original project and close it so you you don't get confused and accidentally make changes in the original sequences like I always do.

-Save this new project and away you go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines