• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export size is huge than the source file

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys, I am trying to encode a tutorial my friend created. It is around 5 hours of video. The total size of the original videos combined is 772 MB .

When i try to combine the videos into one for youtube 720p HD, the output size displayed is huge. Have a look at the screenshot below for the settings at which I am willing to encode the video. It shows 32GB. I am on Adobe Premiere pro CC 2017.

This is a problem i am observing in CC 2017. I have encoded videos earlier also at same settings, however the file size has never been this crazy as in CC 2017.
Please provide your expertise on this matter .

Screeshot :

1.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

File size = bitrate x duration.  To get a smaller file, you need either a lower bitrate, a shorter video, or both.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bit rate of the export is really the prime determiner of file size.

Try a setting of target 10, max 14 ... what does that show? And on export, what's it look like?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File size = bitrate x duration.  To get a smaller file, you need either a lower bitrate, a shorter video, or both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nice story I set that it should be the same as source file . and it is still almost 6 times as large. the same with making proxies even make it bigger. Adobe is very bad at making small files. I think they have shares in the harddisk suppliers.You just have to leave export to other software

DJ-skip
http://dj-skip.ddns.net
http://dj-skipmixcloud.ddns.net
dj.skip.rotterdam@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Neither Premiere nor Resolve give the users some of the higher compression options that say ffmpeg can do. Which as someone that uses both, I see complaints of in both their forums.

The BM forums have a couple threads on how to export out of Resolve then what settings to use in ffmpeg on that file. Same issue as here.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines