• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Size Way Too Big in 22.3.1

New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been unable to figure out what default setting has changed, but our exported videos are massive in comparison to previous exports. For example, a previous edit of a long form slideshow (33 mins) in 1080x1920 was under 700mb in the older version of premiere. Exporting today, even with pulling the target bitrate down to 8mbps, is over 2gb.

Other shorter videos, shot on BMPCC 6k in 1080, have also been way too large. We had been exporting previously in H.265 in order to export in the same 10-bit color depth that the BMPCC shoots in (to avoid banding) but these files now in H.265 have been way too large for us to deliver to clients.

What might I be missing? Why are these new exports anywhere from 3 to 5 to 20 times larger than when in the previous version of premiere? 

Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good questions. Have you gone through the complete list of items for those presets in 2021 and 2022, and compared settings?

I'll have to check, I've not noted a change in my export file sizes. And maybe someone else can post an idea.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input Neil. Yeah, I don't have a list of the old presets available to check, but other than bitrate settings and resolution I can't imagine what would account for the drastic size differences I'm experiencing.

Hopefully someone can provide some insight there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easy enough to install 2021. In fact, I don't allow the Creative Cloud app to "remove previous versions". Which is an option in the app.

My current rig has back through 2019 installed. My old editing rig got moved down the hall to a smaller office, it's got back through 2015 installed, including SpeedGrade!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

try cbr (constant bitrate) instead of vbr(variable bitrate). sometimes vbr doesn't compress as you'd expect. this may be a bug?

also try shutter encoder for good compression. cq 18 works well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines