Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export. Source and Output has to much difference

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Have very annoying trouble to me. When trying to export video - source and output has to much difference in contrast and color. I try all different manipulation in Export settings, also make prerendering, also deleted cache files from Adobe folder. Its not helping.

Does community has any idea ? The difference is so dramatic. Where is a bug ?

Adobe Premiere Pro 2022, Windows 10.

In attachments there is source and output screenshots. 

And when I output it - its really does no match when playing on players like VLC and others.. 

Thanks in advance! Hope we will solve it!

TOPICS
Export , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if I try to mark "Match Sequence Settings" in Export windows - format goes to QuickTime and Video codec is Apple ProRes 422 HQ.  And the colors and same bettween source and output. 

But I need H264.. 

Any ides..  ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution is to put in Export windows Profile section - High10 and choose HLG 2100.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a solution. With this settings choosen - there is no difference when switching between Source and Output windows in Export section.

But in reality after export when you play this video on players - still different picture, more contrast, more saturated, more reds. 

Still searhing for solution.

Premiere, you tired me really :((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First question, is this a project brought forward from 2021 to 2022?

I ask because there have been significant changes to the user options for color managment both in clip properties and sequences plus several major default differences in how Premiere treats some media ... especially Log media and HDR clips ... when dropped on a timeline.

These changes are puzzling and seem bizarre at first. And it's a bit easier to understand what's going on in projects started in 2022 than brought forward.

You can ensure that clips are 'left' in SDR and treated as before on a timeline once you understand the process. Which involves going to the clip properties in the Project panel and setting Modify/Interpret Footage color management options correctly. Which ... for most purposes ... will probably mean choosing the Override to Rec.709 option.

This can be done on a selection of clips at once, so you can 'fix' many clips at a time. And any change you make in the bin will change how the clips are used even on sequences they are already applied to.

If that CM setting for any HDL or PQ clips is set to the Override to Rec.709, and the sequence is set to Rec.709 in the Sequence Settings CM, things should export properly also.

And of course, if you are HDR exporting to any HDR format, the export settings have to be very specific and most users are simply not aware of how to do that yet.

So the same project will be very different if moved forward.

It is easier to manage a project that has started in 2022.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Neil, thank you for answer. 

Project was allready starter at Premiere 2022 version.

I will give more info.

Original properties of video from camera:

Type: MPEG Movie
File Size: 776,02 MB
Image Size: 3840 x 2160
Frame Rate: 25,00
Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 16-bit - Stereo
Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo
Total Duration: 00:01:04:20
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1,0
Alpha: None
Color Space: Rec. 2100 HLG
Color Space Override: Off
Input LUT: None
Video Codec Type: MP4/MOV H.264 4:2:0

Sequency properties where clips are located:

new sequence
3840 x 2160
00;01;46;00, 25,00 fps
48000 Hz - Stereo
Color Space: Rec. 2100 HLG

And Export settings are: H264, Profile set to High10, and export color space to Rec 2021 HLG.

The problem is that in this case when I switching between Source and Output sections in Export window - there is now different in colors. But after exporting video I clearly see to much difference.

Screenshot before / after in attach. 

Hope we will solve it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the rest of the export settings down below?

What that looks like on my tablet is the VLC player image is slightly darker, and maybe slightly different color primary setting.

Do you have the Display Color Management set in Premiere's preferences? How about have you tried checking the "extended dynamic range monitoring when available"?

And what are your settings in the OS and in VLC for HDR/HLG playback?

There are so many things that affect this, it can drive you nuts ...

Neil

And when re-imported into Premiere, does it look like the sequence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever solve this issue, I am having the same thing now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your post doesn't give me one thing to be able to help. Please remember "we" can't see your system, and things can be very different depending on so many things.

Please start a NEW thread, with details of your system, the media, what made the media, and color spaces and such. THEN we can give you pretty quick help.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have exactly the same, look below. 
This is only imported nothing edited yet, just to show

EricdeKuijper_0-1684783398675.png

Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines