Export still image gallery in Premiere or Encoder?

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I spent some time yesterday reading Walter March's "In the Blink of an Eye". He mentioned that he used to project each cut of the film, and take a picture of the head, of each shot, and then print them and look at them as an image gallery to get a sense of the project's overall visual structure.

That would be great for the feature film I'm cutting, and theoretically it should be very easy to do that in Premiere or Encoder, but I can't find a way! I can see how to export the entire 90 minute film as a series of stills, but I really just want to see the head of each shot. I can see how to set thumbnails within a bin -- is there some way to use this functionality to make a new sequence that is just the first frame of each clip, and then export that? Or some other workaround to achieve the same effect?

TOPICS
Editing , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"In the Blink of an Eye" is a great book.

Export s still image: 

Export a video frame from Premiere Pro (adobe.com)

Although, this is one image at a time.

If you happen to know After Effects, you can queue up several frames to the Render Queue and then render them in one render pass.  After Effects also inludes the timecode in the filename by default when using Composition > Save Frame As....

If you happen to using macOS, QuickTime player allows us to quickly copy and paste the current frame showing in  the player to any destination that supports pasting a graphic.

If you're looking to save paper, you can add the still images to something like Micrsoft Whiteboard (included with Office 365); use the version of Frame.IO included with Premiere Pro to create a Presentation to view in a web browser or via the Frame.IO iPad app; use Adobe Bridge to quickly view the stills in a folder; or - again if you're on macOS - use QuickView in the Finder.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines