• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export times the same with faster gpu. Why?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I just upgraded from a 1080ti to a 3080ti in hopes of improving export times.  I liked my 1080ti, aparently there is a reason for that.....it exports the same as my new 3080ti!  I wonder if premiere pro ever optimised it's software for the 3080ti or if there is something else that I am missing.  I have gpu acceleration enabled and it has greatly improved gaming, video capture, and runs much cooler.  I just expected a bump in export speed.  Any thoughts?  Thanks

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not everything i GPU accelerated.

Your CPU or drives may be a bottleneck, as well.  What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Which graphics driver is installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, as Bob said the GPU is not the thing doing the heavy lifting. If you monitored your hardware prior to the upgrade were you seeing that the GPU was your bottleneck? If you were exporting and saw your GPU usage at 100% then you'd likely shift the bottleneck to something else with your upgrade (usually CPU), but if you weren't even using the full GPU before then it's not going to be a huge impact now. There still may be some use-cases where you get more performance out of it compared to before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The CPU is the main player for most NLEs ... GPUs help out where they're called to assist the CPU. Different NLEs use the GPU differently depending on how they're coded, but still ... the CPU is your biggest processing punch.

Figuring out where to 'fix' things though takes some experience & smarts. As ... sometimes, it's actually the motherboard having inadequate 'lanes' to support major throughput. Or the GPU is on the wrong slot for best performance.

Or you discs aren't getting best throughput into/out-of the mobo.

All the above need to be checked.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines