• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export will freeze at random percentage. CPU stops being used. RAM is not completely used.

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My export will progress to a random percentage then stop. The program itself is still working but it seems my export is simply stuck. When the export first begins and is progressing, I can see my CPU is being utilised within 80-90%. After being stuck, it falls to 15% and stays there. 

After cancelling the render, I am able to play the preview, and the program seems to function normally - but only audio is heard - the preview window remains stuck on a single frame. If I decide to close the program now, it will become unresponsive and require a forced task manager close.

Some people made mention that it is progressing but it's just slow, but no - I left my PC on overnight and it didn't progress by a single percent or seconds remaining. I've tried hardware/software encoding, using previews, etc - nothing will fix this problem. 

I have never had any issues with rendering on a previous Premiere 2020 installation, yet now with the most updated version I am facing such a headache. 

TOPICS
Export , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can you please share with us all the details regarding your pc..operating system,ram etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 10, 16gb ram, RTX 2070S, i7-9700KF. My issue is absolutely not hardware related. I have previously exported same or similar videos without problem on Premiere Pro CC 2019. I have realised that after 15min or so of launching Premiere Pro 2022, it will hang and my previews won't load, whether I render or not. Upon checking my task manager, it displays the exact same issues of low CPU usage (15-20%). When attempting to render, it will be stuck at 0% *(presumably because the 15mins were already spent prior to rendering), and will become unresponsive on closing. 

So, it is clear that for some reason Premiere Pro 2022 will simply stop functioning after around 15min past launch. This issue is not present in CC 2019 for some reason. I have reinstalled 2019 and am attemping to downgrade my project to be compatible, but am receiving "Project could not be loaded, it may be damaged or contain outdated elements" after attemping the 7zip archive method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now tried copying over the sequence to an entirely new project and it results in the same issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"the 7zip archive method." - instead of using lowest possible version (ie 1), try the one that is native to 2019, I believe it's 37 (for 2020 it's 38).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didnt work unfortunately. It seems all 2021/2022 prproj files are not backwards compatible using this method, nor the converter website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Regarding freezing - make sure you have plenty of free space on all working disks (PP cache/windows temp / destination).  As to prproj version downgarde, it depends on project. Recently I was able to convert a 2022 proj to 2020 with zero issues. But the proj was rather simple. If yours include new features, that can be a reason why it does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines