• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export window (Mac) - can't use arrow keys in file name field

Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When choosing the location where to put the exported file, you are given the opportunity in the dialog box to also change the file name at the same time. Pressing any arrow key closes the dialog box instead of allowing you to move the cursor through the file name.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the latest version of Premiere Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, always...often to my own detriment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens for me as well. Super annoying. I am constantly exporting versions and just need to tag a number to the end of the name. Everytime I click the right arrow key to go to the end of the name it just closes the window. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jeff,

Could you let us know which Premiere Pro version you're working on? A similar issue was fixed in the most recent release. Try updating to Premiere Pro 23.2 if you haven't already. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using 23.0.0 I dont see the option to upgrade to 23.2 in the Creative Cloud app. It is telling me that al of my apps are up to date.  Please, please, please look at the timeline follwoing the playhead problem that a lot of uis are experiencing. That problem is way bigger than any problem I have run into in my 10 years of using Premiere and no one at Adobe seems to be addressing the probelm.  Here is a thread of people talking about it https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/timeline-jumps-back-to-playhead-anytime-i-cl...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A similar issue related to boxes closing while pressing the arrow keys was fixed in the Premiere 23.1 release. Premiere Pro 23.2 should be available for download for all users. Could you try updating the Creative Cloud Desktop App? To do so, click on the hamburger menu in the upper left corner > Help > Check for Updates. If you still don't see the update, go to the All Apps section in the Creative Cloud app, click on the button with three horizontal dots named More actions next to Premiere Pro, and click on other versions. Let us know what you see. 

Sorry for the issue you're experiencing with the timeline. The workflow in Premiere Pro is designed to keep the playhead at the same place in the timeline when the play/pause button is pressed. You can assign a shortcut key to Move Playhead to Cursor as a workaround. You can do so by opening the keyboard shortcuts window (Command + Option + K) and searching for Move Playhead to Cursor in the search box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screenshot 2023-02-24 at 2.50.56 PM.pngI am not getting nany infor to update Creative Cloud, it tells me everything is up to date. Also when I click on the three dots next to Premiere Pro it is only telling me version 23.0 is the latest (attached is a screen shot.)

As far as the playhead following the timeline I would have to disagree that this is how Premiere handles it. I have been a professional editor for 15+ years. I have worked for MTV, ESPN, Nickelodeon, Conde Nast, ABC, etc. There use to be an option to turn this off (under the timeline settings you could turn the Playback scroll to "No Scroll.") I have opened older versions of Premiere to make sure I wasn;t crazy and you can do it in older versions. To prove further that it is a bug when you put the timeline in Multicam view it works.  I would love to have a direct conversation with someone at Adobe about this. I am currently a working professional at LinkedIn so would ove to talk to someone. I can be reached at jecroghan@linkedin.com 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines