• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported 360 VR video contains Bulge and quality loss

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, so I've just finished editing my first 360 video for VR in Premiere. The sequence matches the resolution of the original files and so far contains no effects or overlays. However; when I export, the video's resolution has reduced dramatically (despite making adjustments to the bitrate) and the top and bottom sections of the 360 video contain buldges.

Adobe Premiere Pro 2021 Export:

premiere export 1.PNG

GoPro Player Export:

sdfghjkl;'.JPG

I'm using a GoPro Max (which doesnt require stitching) and you can see in the examples above how the bulge doesnt exist in the raw .360 files. I also understand that the loss of quality in the first image must be a result of some automatic cropping premiere performs on the video edit, which I don't know how to uncrop.

My hope is to export this video in the same quality and resolution as what was captured from the camera. So any suggestions or things I may have missed or tips is very much appreciated.

Cheers!

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unsure of the bulge that appears there but I can say that something in Premiere broke a few versions back from about 14.9 on where exporting 360 videos just comes out as trash. No amount of bitrate advancements or changes anywhere has ever solved the problem for me, Premiere simply doesn't export the video with a high enough bit rate to make the footage look anything but like it was taken with a 360 potato. Adobe either has no idea or just doesn't care as this problem has been there for the last 3 major updates of the software. Hopefully one day it'll be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn, yeah I would've thought making 360 videos would be clean and user friendly. Kinda feels like an $800au mistake on my part. I'll give a different editing software a go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its the VR export in premiere, seems to be broken, you get wobbly lines everywhere. I used VR 180 creator to inject the metadata and it works fine.
so yeah  when exporting from premiere, tuen off video is VR when exporting media , use the VR180 software and it looks fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines