• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported clip from After Effects freezes Premiere

Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exported a video from After Effects (a png sequence + moving picture, that's it), tried 25 & 30fps, H.264 & Quicktime (matching the source otherwise), but when I import it to Premiere I am unable to do anything with it. I can't play the part where it sits, as well as both the creation of a proxy and rendering of in/out-area (Sequenz > "In/Out-Bereich rendern") freeze at 80%. 
I have emptied the Media Cache.

Do you have any ideas?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you play other stuff in Premiere or not? If nothing plays, try changing your audio hardware preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

everything else works perfectly fine. i can in/-out render any other area without any issues. It entirely boils down to that clip.

(Thank you for your quick help!!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just put the clip in a seperate project. I can't work with the original clip since theres a speed effect on it. I can play it in preview and premiere but I can't the speeded clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe just convert the clip to a different format like ProRes or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try nesting and then apply the speed change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

quicktime is just a "file wrapper" and it's the codec that's the important issue.  h264 (which can be a quicktime codec) is not the ideal format because it's heavily compressed all frames are not complete (discreet) so speed changes can be particularly problematic.  As Justin suggested, prores is a better format as each frame is complete...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines