Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported file renders at expected size on mac, wildly inflated on PC

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I have come across this issue intermittently with different files, and it's left me totally confused. Today, this is what happened:

Step 1. Captured screengrab with OBS software on a PC. Original file details are in screenshot. File size is 1.25MB.

Step 2. Rendered from Premiere on PC to chop beginning and end off the file. Expected file size is around 179MB (in the screenshots I'm rendering at the lowest possibly CBR, which was my last attempt to reduce filesize after previous, higher settings).

Step 3. Rendered file. It results in a whopping 2.4GB file. File details are in screenshot. 

Step 4. Tried with the same file on a Mac, with the same settings. Renders at expected size of 179MB.

Step 5. Tried with another file that wasn't a screengrab. Same thing happened - rendered at the expected size on a Mac, but nearly 2GB on PC.

Step 6. Exported with Media Encoder on PC, and same thing happened - huge 2.4GB file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?