• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

exported video doesn't match time i remapped it to down to the millisecond

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I use premiere to change the duration of a clip then open the exported video in AVS video editor the duration of the exported clip doesn't match what I changed it to down to the millisecond which is a problem with the project I'm working on because it causes audio/video desyncronization, could someone please help

TOPICS
Editing , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you "mapping"? How are you setting milliseconds in PR?

What are your export settings in PR? A screenshot would help.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I go to "clip > change speed duration" and where it says 00:00:00:00 I'm assuming that it means hours/minutes/seconds/milliseconds. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I go to "clip > change speed duration" and where it says 00:00:00:00 I'm assuming that it means hours/minutes/seconds/milliseconds. 

By @danec41738600

Nope. Its hours, minutes, seconds and frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the clip I have is 30 fps and runs 10.600 seconds according to avs video editor.  It needs to be stretched to something that would be exactly 13.292 seconds in avs.  how do I calculate what I need to put into premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, is that clip actually 30fps, or is it really 29.976? Most cameras that show "30fps" actually deliver 29.976. 30 is the "shorthand" for that. MediaInfo would of course show the actual specific framerate.

Second ... you can't do partial frames, only complete frames with video. So it looks like that would be 13 seconds and maybe 8 or 9 frames. Whichever is closest.

Again ... in video, you cannot do partial frame cuts. And it's puzzling as I've never heard of someone fitting video by milliseconds ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try 9 frames (i.e. duration in PR 00:00:10:09). Really only a guess, but let us know.

292 milliseconds in a 29.97 sequence will be (292 / 1000) * 29.97 = 8.75 round to nearest frame = 9.

My experience with this is dealing with captions. The .srt export converts frames to milliseconds. So, for example, if you are working in 29.97 drop frame, the 1 frame will equal 1 divided by 29.97 times 1000 milliseconds:

(1 / 29.97) X 1000 = 33.3667 etc.

So in PR, if a caption starts at zero minutes, 1 second, 1 frame, it will show on the timeline as 00:00:01:01. When you export .srt, you will see:

00:00:01,034

The comma is the designation for milliseconds to follow.

With drop frame there are other problems, but in a 10 second export, perhaps simple is okay.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the reason for using AVS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot export in milli seconds all exports are in frames (per second)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann is correct. While audio files have a millisecond value, video files do not. There are X number of frames per second, each frame is X/framerate of a second. And I doubt the accuracy of that for every file creation is to the millisecond, way overkill for video computations.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines