Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported Video stops playing halfway through

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

As I am exporting my video's and I check them some are not playing the entire clip...

some stop playing at 50% or some just around the endof the video.

I have updated my media encoder and my premiere and I have not changed anything to my settings...

This is strange because some video's work fine and some just keep having this problem...

It happens with downloaded video's and even video's we film in our own studio.

Maybe there is an easy solution for this.

I hope someone can help me with this problem.

kind regards,

Gillian

TOPICS
Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Export to a local drive and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gillian!

Sorry to hear that. Can you share the following information?

• What are your system details (OS, CPU, RAM, GPU)?
  • Which device did you use to capture media files?
  • Are you seeing this issue during playback as well?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kartika,

Thank you for your response.

I will upload a photo of my Imac properties, if you need more please let me know.

I am Using a Imac pro from 2017.

the  Imac of my collegue has the same issue only that started a few months ago, so I started to do exporting and now I am having the same issue.

Now I tried to work on another mac that we have with the exact same properties and build year as mine and on that mac it does work.

Trying to export the video directly from Premiere, or AE also seems leed to the same result.

I use multiple devices for capturing but it seems to happen with any random video I use, downloaded, filmed with a camera, a phone etc.

one of the camera's I am using is a sony RX10 IV, or a Sony HXR-NX100.

Primarely ith happens when I use footage that I download from internet, think of youtube, insta, facebook,wetrensfer etc.

this also happens when I try to export AE projects.

The playback is fine I have no issues with that, also when it's rendering in ME I can see that the video is rendering playing completely.

I tried to render my video's before exporting but that also doesn't work. 

Some video's do export normal and some work after I tried about 8/15 times...

I hope my stoy makes a little bit of sense.

Kind Regards,

Gillian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What location are you exporting to? Local drive? Network drive? External drive?

Also, do you have enough disk space available at that location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am exporting to our work server. (Network Drive)

Yes we have enough space available.

I believe 50TB or more that we can still use.

kind regards,

Gillian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export to a local drive and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it and this works! Now I don't understand why it doesn't work when I export to the server. Never had any problems in the past years. It's strange because on the server it says that the video is 14 seconds long and freezes at 7, and when I that exported video in premiere it's only about 5 seconds long... But this solution works for now, thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting to network drives involves more overhead/bandwidth and any hiccup in the network will cause the export to fail, whereas that will statistically never happen on a local drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that makes a lot of sense. But this problem occurred for the first time in 2/3 years. Without any changes or upgrades to and with our network and servers. So maybe it's a work related issue, but I thought maybe it had something to do with Adobe since I am not the only with this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue video not playing after half way. 

and i export to local drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat. Premier to media encoder. I've exported thousands of videos. Suddenly, the past week, all the clips over 1 minute stop halfway through on playback. I started getting an xmp error. Turned that of in metadata. File encoded fully then, but was half the size it should be but media players recognise it should be twice as long. 

I'm exporting out the entire sequence. Tried different locations. Network, c drive, sd card, hard drive. Tried different projects. Tried changing encoding formats.

I still have the problem. I'm left now with an inability to do my job. Any help before I dive into official adobe tech support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the exact same issue, down to the last detail. Did you manage to solve it in any way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trelawny, Have you tried updating to 22.4? If you are still running 22.3 or have a Xeon CPU, you might still be seeing this issue. Let us know what happens after updating if you can.

Thanks,
Kevin 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, tried about 8 times to export but it locks up after 21 seconds, this time, I keep having to end the programe in Task manager, I'm tired of shunting PP around from different drives to try and get this to work. All I know is it worked before and isn't now since the update, I'm pretty miffed at Adobe to be honest, I'm paying 'money for old rope'. How do revert back to an older version?

If you ask me for sytem info, once again it worked before, why not now ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines