• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported video stuck on first frame of each clip!

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, 

Probably a fairly noob question on this forum since I'm a bit of a novice at this. I have a short 2.5 minute video that I am trying to export from Premiere Pro 2020. Inside Premiere Pro, the clips play smoothly. After I export and try to view the video on Quicktime, each clip is stuck on the very first frame. There is no motion whatsoever. The track along with the sound effects are playing smoothly, just no motion in the clips.

The entire video was shot on a DJI Mavic Air 2. 60fps 4k with a h.265 codec. 

I've exported many other videos on this new 2020 MacBook Pro. This is the only one I'm stuck and puzzled with. 

If anybody has any insight on this, I'd love to hear it! 

Thank you. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue and very suddenly. I have footage also shot with a DJI Mavic Air 2 shot in 4K that previously exported just fine from premiere but now is frozen (one such sequence exported two weeks ago that now exports frozen on the first frame). I can export through Media Encoder but not in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME THING for me! DJI Mavic Air 2. 60fps 4k. 

The exported video is just the first frame of each clip frozen for the duration of the clip. I've tried 20 different settings (different renderer (opencl, software only), different sequence frame rates, turning on/off h.264 hardware encoding/decoding, removing all effects, removing all time warping).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(except I'm using h.264 encoding on the drone and you're using h.265 and we're seeing the same issue...saves me one more thing to experiment with)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same solution for me on a new Mac Studio. I had a fresh install of Premiere but was getting the same result with a frozen first frame for each scene in an h.264 export. Uninstalled Premiere and reinstalled and the problem is gone. Not sure what the issue is, but thanks for the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like some in the thread have already tried some of these, but the things I would try initially:

- Export using Software Encoding, not Hardware Encoding

- If you have an Nvidia GPU, make sure you're using Studio Drivers (OP - this probably doesn't apply to you on a Macbook)

- Try exporting to an intraframe codec like ProRes 422, and if that works create your H264/5 from that.

- Be sure to view in a different video player or re-import back into Premiere to double check that the frames are being held there.

HEVC is a pretty brutal codec to work with, and in the case of HEVC coming from phones with variable framerate you can end up with some pretty weird glitches that make it into the final export. It'd be the first I've heard of that coming from DJI stuff.

Another thing to try is a smart rendering workflow. Set your preview files in your sequence to be a higher quality master like ProRes 422, render the timeline, and assuming all looks good there, when you go to export you can check Match Sequence Settings at the top of the export window, and also the Use Previews checkbox at the bottom. It should use the settings for your sequence - assuming that's set up correctly - and export based on those masters that you had rendered in the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. Bad news is none of these options seem to help (software vs hardware encoding, updating GPU driver, exporting to ProRes or even uncompressed AVI, viewing output file with 3 different players). It always produces a video where either the first frame is frozen for each sequence or the frame updates every 5 seconds.

Good news is I finally found a workable solution! If I queue up the project in Adobe Media Encoder and then render it from there, it works!

So my take is it's definitely a nasty bug somewhere inside Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue. every DJI Mavic file will not export in final edit. plays fine in the timelime but will NOT export. This is extremely painful as i have project to get out today and this has never been an issue prevously!! The only change has been updating PP and ME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try smart rendering

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-what-is-smart-rendering/td-p/10648488?page=1

post back if you have any questions.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing worked for me until I updated to the latest version (22) now the bulk export through media encoder works toghether with the regular way.

4K dji mavic air 2s footage in 30 fps on a 23.976 timeline h264 but I dont feel this matters, but just wanted to say check that you run the latest version 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone figured this out?

Using Macbook Pro with M1 Pro chip with the latest updates (OSX and Adobe's)

Premiere was working great with Mavic Mini 3 HEVC 4K footage for weeks.

Then today, Premiere stopped being able to playback rendered in to out footage.  All you see is one frozen frame.  When exported via Premiere or Media Encoder, all you see is that same frozen frame.  

I have tried creating new sequences, used different video files, rebooted, etc.  Nothing works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replying to my comment for anyone that has a similar issue in the future.

I uninstalled Premiere and re-installed and the issue is now fixed. 

I believe Premiere got "broken" when I put the Mac to sleep while it was open the previous day.  When I tried to wake the mac up, it failed and shut itself down.  So maybe a Premiere file got corrupted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for me too! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing with Air 2s. Even at 29.97fps HEVC

I ended up opening in Rosetta. Didn't try Media Encoder yet, but if you don't mind a slight performance hit, Rosetta is the way to go to export from within Premiere. Bummer this is still happening on 22.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem and I have been editing videos with Premiere Pro for good two years now with the same Macbook Pro and the same Mavic 2 Pro drone, so I don't know why I suddenly got this bug. I have been dealing with it for the last five hours and I am really considering to cancel my subscription and buy Final Cut Pro. I tried re-installing Premiere Pro, I tried all sorts of different export settings and nothing works. The frustration is real guys! I don't know if any Adobe representatives are reading these discussions, but if they are they should know that this is absolutely unacceptable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're only seeing this in exported clips?  How are you playing the exported clips?  

you're exporting a sequence?  and it's playing properly within premiere?   Might try smart rendering

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-what-is-smart-rendering/td-p/10648488

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Only when exported. Plays normally on timeline. Used Quicktime Player and VLC. Same results for both and same results when exporting at various codecs/bitrates/dimensions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you try smart rendering?  changing your preview codec in your sequence settings to a high quality codec, rendering the full timeline, and exporting with "use previews" checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of those things I did with no affect. However, I've since gone back to Apple Silicon Premiere Pro and it has had no export issues with this particular timeline. I've tried various export settings and rebooted the Mac and it still exports correctly. So the fix for me was opening Premiere in Rosetta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for posting your solution.  Not enough people follow thru...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Super frustarting. I've tried numerous export options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings.  And have you tried all the suggested solutions?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. Tried all the above through Premier Pro (v23.1) and then used Adobe Media Decoder and it was fine. But through Premeir Pro it did not work. I used the entire first 4 hours of my day trying to figure it out. I also unistalled and re-installed. Working now . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I have drone footage from my dji mini 3 pro that I have made into a short film with some audio tracks. When I export the video, the audio plays clear but the video is frozen on a single frame from the beginning of each clip and remains frozen throughout until a new clip appears. I have tried updating premiere, redownloading it like others mentioned helped the situation - but nothing has worked. I have no idea what to do. This situation is a nightmare. I exported it with HEVC H.265 as my footage is H.265. I have tried searching youtube for hours all day today to find nothing. PLEASE HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ethan,

Sorry. Does it playback if you upload it to something like Google Drive?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines