• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported video stuck on first frame of each clip!

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, 

Probably a fairly noob question on this forum since I'm a bit of a novice at this. I have a short 2.5 minute video that I am trying to export from Premiere Pro 2020. Inside Premiere Pro, the clips play smoothly. After I export and try to view the video on Quicktime, each clip is stuck on the very first frame. There is no motion whatsoever. The track along with the sound effects are playing smoothly, just no motion in the clips.

The entire video was shot on a DJI Mavic Air 2. 60fps 4k with a h.265 codec. 

I've exported many other videos on this new 2020 MacBook Pro. This is the only one I'm stuck and puzzled with. 

If anybody has any insight on this, I'd love to hear it! 

Thank you. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just run into the same problem. Freezes on the first frame of DJI Mavic 2 Pro clips, but plays music, title animations & Sony a7siii clips without issue. Tried to render is Media Encoder and straight from Premiere, neither worked. Tried this suggested "smart render" but that also didn't work.

I only recently updated to Premiere v23 and was concerned that this might have been part of the problem, so I went through the process of downgrading my project file and opening it in Premiere v22, which rendered with zero errors. 

Computer Specs: 

• 2019 MacBook Pro 16"
  • 2.4GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
  • AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8GB & Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536MB
  • 32GB Ram
  • Ventura 13.0 OS

Does Premiere v23 have issues working with an Intel Mac? Or are there any other thoughts as to why this was able to render as usual on v22, but freezes every time on v23? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update - Found that the solution was to change the settings in my Mavic from recording H.265 to .MOV - at the moment everything is rendering fine from v23.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue happening to me on only one specific project over and over. My DJI Mavic Pro 2 footage (4K, 29,97fps, h264) just didn't render properly using a 2021 MacBookPro M1 and the latest versions of Premiere and macOS. Even after trying every suggestion from this forum it wouldn't work.

My solution was finaly to export it directly in Premiere Pro and not through Media Encoder. So it really seems to be like a bug in the Adobe programs. Now it works but with a 2,5h timeline I can't do any work in Premiere for the next couple of hours.

I hope they'll take it serously and will fix this problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have The Solution!  

I edited a long video with drone footage, screen captures, iphone video (H2.65) and even nested sequences.  It had many effects and audio & video tracks.  It all worked seemlessly in premiere pro but once I exported it in 4k H2.65, The two picture in pictures and all the effects and audio worked fine but the drone footage was frozen on the first fram of each clip.  

I tried everything, including all the solutions mentioned here and nothing worked.  I was so frustrated because I had spent hours editing this footage.  I have had things happen in the past so every so often, I save a copy of my work as it progresses just in case I make a some fatal error like this happens.  I went to several of the saved premiere files and tried exporting them.  They all did the same thing.  

I tried making a new project file with just some drone footage.  I am using a DJI Mini 3 Pro and recording 4K30 H2.65 .mp4  I can tell you confidently that it is an issue with adobe and DJI footage.  I'm sure everyone on this thread with this problem has a DJI drone.  

So here is finally what I did that worked:  

I uninstalled Premiere Pro and reinstalled it. 
Then I held the alt/control button to bring up a reset menu upon opening.  I chekced all four options.  You may not have to check all four but I did in my frustration and desperation.  At the very least check the two that say "clear media cache files" and "reset plugin loading cache".  

Once Premeiere opened back up, I also deleted the media cache files.  To do this you launch premiere but don't open any files.  Open Preferrences/media cache.  Click the delete button next to the phrase "Remove media cache files".  When the option box opens up, choose the option that says "Delete all media cache files from the system" and click OK.  

Once you have dont all that, close and open Premier again.  You can now open your saved project file and export it in Premier Pro.  It will work!  However, if you want to use Media Encoder, threre are a couple more steps you must take.  

Uninstall Media Encoder. and reinstall it.  
Then open it up and go to Edit/preferrences/Media/Media Cache Database and click clean.  Then click OK and close Media Encoder.  

Here is the important part.  Don't leave Media Encoder open and just send projects there to export.  Media Encoder has to be opened a new time for each project that includes DJI drone footage.  If it is open from your last export, close it.  Then don't open Media Encoder, click file/export/Send to Adobe Media Encoder in Premier Pro.  

You can batch export in Media Encoder, just don't forget to close it after that session and re-open it through Premier Pro again next time.  

I know it's a lot but At least it will work now.  I hope this helps anyone else who is having this trouble.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution above worked for me!! I too was editing DJI Mini 3 Pro footage using the same specs as above and with the walkthrough above, it FINALLY exported as expected!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had exactly the same problem with footage from DJI Air 2S. Half of the clips were frozen and half working. I did not re-install anyting. Simply restarted Adobe Premiere Pro with full reset like suggested and removed the media cache files from the systesm. Export immediately started working as expected. Now it is fine!
Thank you for your solution!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. After 2 days of editing a video I was extremely frustrated and disappointed with this issue. Thanks to you everything appears to be exporting as normal!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue but this worked for me. I just simply took the footage off the timeline and then put it back in and it worked.

also you probably try as deleting it from your media bin and then add it back..  The only other think I can think of  as maybe you have a bad SD card in your drone and it is creating issues with your footage.  I know another solution that you can try is directly throwing the footage into media coder and render it out through media encoder without using premiere and then add it to your timeline.. 
But the first option worked for me simply took it off my timeline and put it back in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently using version 24.10 and can attest that uninstalling and re-installing Premiere resolves the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines