• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported videos are contrasty and blown out

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am using Premiere Pro version 23.1 (build 86) on a MacBook Pro. I am producing basic videos of interviews using single clips shot with an iPhone 14. The original clips look and sound very good on the phone as well as in my preview window in Premiere.

For the past week, every video I export is coming out with way too much contrast and blown-out highlights. The original clips look fine and I am not applying any corrections. I am doing the exact same thing that I have been doing for the past year which produced great results.

The export is set for High Quality 1080p HD and the format is H.264. I have attempted to clear all settings and restore defaults, but nothing has worked. I have searched for similar problems but haven't found a fix. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

By @Joseph283413002yb4

Solved: FAQ: How to fix saturated/over-exposed HLG/HDR cli... - Adobe Support Community - 12489252

Premiere Pro V22 - Understanding Color Spaces, HDR, and what that might mean to you - YouTube

The second link takes you to a video made by Karl Soule from Adobe and he explains everything you need to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply, but I'm not sure that is my issue. The files look great on my phone, when viewed in Quicktime and in my Premiere timeline. The problem is that after it is exported the .mp4 is overly contrasty and blown out. I just want it to export like it looks off my phone and camera. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, that problem is directly to do with the link provided.

You must set the color space for the file to match your working color space in the Interpret Footage dialog CM controls. As if the clip is as in this case, an HLG color space clip, Premiere will export that clip as HLG no matter the sequence or export settings.

So select one or more clips in the project panel/bin, right-click ... Modify/Intepret Footage, set the Override-To option to Rec.709.

Now redo the color work on the clip in the timeline, then it should export ok.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2024 Apr 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey R Neil. I've follwoed the link exactly as it is said, but once I get to Modify, Interpret Footage is not "light up" and I can't click on it. Can you help cause so fart I can't find any other option. Thankscolorcorrection.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Color Workspace, Lumetri panel, Settings tab.

That's the place where all color management settings are grouped together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @R Neil Haugen , just checking to make sure. The instruction you usually give is for the 'Color Workspace' but that doesn't really affect anything other than insures the Lumetri panel is available, right?

FWIW: I always read these threads as I know you'll be explaining the color process, always informative. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lumetri panel ... the SETTINGS tab. The one named Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got that, but the "Color Workspace" before it, is optional if you have the lumetri tab availble in whatever Premiere Workspace you are in...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines