• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting 17 minute video, only 1kb when done?

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

needhelp.PNGI shot and edited a 17 minute video with a Phantom 3 pro.  The video was recorded in 1080p/60fps, no effects, I added a soundtrack and transitions.  When I export it takes about 3 hours and it is only 1kb when done.  What am i doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

First, doing an export to the same disc as your media, programs, cache, and project files is going to take for-e-v-e-r.

Second, you need at LEAST three times the final exported file size free ... on an SSD. On a spinning-disc drive, you'll need a lot more than that or it will take forever if it can finish. Having 4-5 times the final file size available is more workable.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping this was due to low storage.  I just deleted some files and now I'm trying again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not help.  Still 1kb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, doing an export to the same disc as your media, programs, cache, and project files is going to take for-e-v-e-r.

Second, you need at LEAST three times the final exported file size free ... on an SSD. On a spinning-disc drive, you'll need a lot more than that or it will take forever if it can finish. Having 4-5 times the final file size available is more workable.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this, been chasing this issue down intermittently forever and found out somehow my drive path was pointing to an SSD that was filled. 

Pointed the project towards my working drive and BOOM, fixed it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok that explains a lot.  Im making more room and trying again.  Can I export to an sd card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so ... PrPro seems to need fully connected drives. USB flash-drives can work, however. I've got a PNY 128GB flash that I put in a USB3 port and it works fine.

If you could get a Samsung T3 drive connected via USB3, those run sustained throughput way above virtually any other SSD on a USB connection, via test by Bill Gehrke, THE guru on hardware with PrPro. Put your project files & media on the T3, leave the cache files on the system drive, it would improve things for you a lot.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks, I need to save some money up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Editing hardware ... especially with drones and/or 4k ... can take some serious cash. I'd recommend going over to the Hardware forum, and seeing what sort of things they're talking about.

https://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere/hardware_forum

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate it. Im doing what I can with this until I can work up to a

professional set up. It took me forever just to get the drone. I shoot only

1080p for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DSLR's and drones shoot in long-GOP codecs ... long group-of-pictures. In drones, it can be up to 30 frames between a complete frame recorded ... and in-between, a data-set is created per frame of the pixels that have changed since the last I-frame, or before the next one. Compresses fast and small ... and is a complete bear on the CPU to decode & decompress for playback WHILE doing all the other things editing programs require of a CPU.

So ... 1080 is a lot easier on the CPU and other systems than 4k, but still ... using Cineform proxies can make things smoother for playback if you have issues. They take space but edit easily for playback. Don't bother with an H.264 proxy codec ... don't know why they're even included.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice, thanks for the tips.  I was using that proxy because it was the only one that would offer the 60 fps playback?  I will look for cineform and try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best wishes...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey boys. I had the same issue but the solution actually was very simple. I was out of space on my local disk. I deleted some files this fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known Pr bug in version 23.1
Try to check that your project folder has not any special character (space, symbols, etc.)
A first test would be to export at the root of a drive.

Hope this helps. This bug has been reported to Adobe since 23.1 came out. No update since...

noar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it can help someone, on my side, after many attempts with an export at 1kb, I finally successfully exported my project using another disk. Both had plenty of space (>500GB for a 5 minutes 4k videos) and I exported many times on the same disk. I still don't know what causes this issue but is now working !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines