• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting a file with seperate 8ch audio (5.1+2.0)

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need to export a videofile with 5.1 + stereo audio tracks. I was able to do a version where 5.1 is on one track and 2.0 on another, but the client asks for a version where 5.1 is on 6 seperate tracks 1-6 and stereo on tracks 7-8. 

Is there a way to do it in premiere pro?

thanks.

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

It's going to come down to setting up a custom sequence with the multitrack assignments you require. I set up a mock one here so it would look something like this:

PhillipHarvey_0-1650908131238.png

The panning of each track alternates between 100% left and 100% right. The Output Assignments also need to change. Tracks 1-2 should be assigned to 1-2 in output assignemnts, 3-4 to 3-4, etc. So by the time you get to the 7th and 8th track they are output like this:

PhillipHarvey_1-1650908915183.png

And finally when you export you need to make sure to also set it to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What track layout and mixer settings do you have in your project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used several different layouts, sequence and mixer settings. Also different exports. I am beginning to think I misunderstood my client and what they want is just 8 audio tracks that the player will recocnise as 5.1 and 2.0 and not mapped and panned 5.1 and 2.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw a pretty thorough step by step response to this on the r/editors or r/premiere subreddit so I'm assuming this is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah it was me, but I have not jet been able to get the result i am looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's going to come down to setting up a custom sequence with the multitrack assignments you require. I set up a mock one here so it would look something like this:

PhillipHarvey_0-1650908131238.png

The panning of each track alternates between 100% left and 100% right. The Output Assignments also need to change. Tracks 1-2 should be assigned to 1-2 in output assignemnts, 3-4 to 3-4, etc. So by the time you get to the 7th and 8th track they are output like this:

PhillipHarvey_1-1650908915183.png

And finally when you export you need to make sure to also set it to an 8-channel export:

PhillipHarvey_2-1650908946909.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines