• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting a large video (~4 hours) from Adobe Premiere results in a large, blank video file

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to export a large video that's a compilation of mp4 files I'm trying to merge into a single video file. After exporting it, the resulting file is a large, blank video file. When I open it on Windows, the video displays as a black screen with no sound or video, and no way to even navigate through the video footage itself. It's like it's a corrupted video file but Windows doesn't recognize it as such.

I've tried exporting just small, 1-minute-long increments of the video in question, and each one turns out just fine. I've tried doing so with parts of each of the mp4s to make sure one of them isn't messing everything up, but there are no variables there.

I've looked at some similar articles here and made sure that the frame rate is consistent, but that hasn't fixed anything. Two of the mp4 files (a short intro and ending video) have a frame rate of 29.97 and the others have a frame rate of 30, but I can't see how this makes a difference, and shorter clips still work just fine when including samples of each.

As far as I can tell, the only issue is the length, but I've been able to compile other videos of this length before. Any idea on how to figure out the missing link in this particular file?

Abelhawk_0-1636119470044.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you trying to play the exported file? Have you tried different playback software? How about trying to play it back on a different machine?

Any chance you've run out of space on the target drive? There should be all kinds of warnings and failed exports if you have, but it might be worth checking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried playing it on Movies & TV, and it showed a black screen with no navigation bar and no sound.

I tried Windows Media Player, and it came up with an error that said the file could not be played.

I tried uploading it you YouTube, and after trying for a few minutes, it said it was not a valid file.

There's plenty of space on my drive, so that can't be the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try to import the output 4 hrs length video into the premier pro and try to play it on source window if the video plays properly then the problem is your pc's low spec.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show left tab in output and with an image (not black)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this screencapture footage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...Yes... isn't that what you asked for? I just used the Snipping Tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6? is not optimized for footage with variable framerate and probably the codec used.

Might want to convert first before bringing it into Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The framerate for all the video files used is 30 FPS. I recorded them using OBS, but I'm able to combine and export other videos recorded the same way. I'm just baffled on what's different between these files. Do you think running them through Handbrake would help? I just wish I knew what the actual error is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post screenshot of clip in MediaInfo in TREEVIEW here on forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's wrong.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In treeview please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's wrong.PNG

It is in Tree view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an older version of Premiere... Do you think it's just an issue with the version? Is the newest version better at rendering longer videos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have no idea what to make of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So are you saying that upgrading to a newer version fixed the problem for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines