• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting a MP4 and Transcript so it's viewable to anyone

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm monkeying with the transcription, I've created a transcript file, but I'm unclear how to export my video PLUS the transcript so someone can view the running transcript while watching this video. Can anyone help?

I'd assumed it was going to pop out an HTML wrapper that would allow the transcription and cc to toggle on/off, based on viewer preference. No..?

TOPICS
Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No such functionality exists with PPro, as far as I know.

What you can do is change the transcript to subtitles and export the video as such.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand... what's the point of having a running transcript in PPro if you can't export it outside of PPro? Am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what Richard said....

The purpose of a "transcript" is different than putting words to be read while a video plays. For that purpose, you use "subtitles" (also called captions even though some users will debate whether there are differences). To turn the subtitles on and off, you export a "sidecar" file from PR.

The PR "transcript" is an intermediate step between speech to text and the subtitles. Click the "Create Captions" button in the Transcript tab (may now be only a CC icon) to create the captions.

There is no html code from PR. The player on the web (youtube, vimeo, etc) accepts the sidecar file and provides the functionality for turning the subtitles on and off.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Unfortunately, due to ADA compliance, I'm being asked to include a descriptive transcript with all videos I produce, in addition to CC. Not sure if there's others out there in a similar predicament or what the workarounds would be... We have one, but it's unbelievably convoluted, requiring multiple people and/or services, and is sort of the equivalent of buying a Maserati and never driving it about 35 MPH. I was hoping to just output what's in PPro already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it. Wow. I did a search for "descriptive transcript" and looked at information regarding the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).

PR provides a transcript, and you can export it in multiple forms. But there is no extra code that associates it with the video or turns it on/off. It certainly does not include anything other than a transcript of the spoken words.

So, at best, the PR transcript is only a part of the content that is needed.

But you can export that content. The export options in 22.3.0:

• Export transcript (proprietary file and data; not useful for anything other than importing it into the same or a different sequence).
  • Export to text file (As of 22.0.0, speaker and timecode is exported; first line of each group is timecode, then Speaker, then text)
  • Export to CSV file (Exports speakers and timecode; Columns are: Speaker Name, Start Time, End Time, Transcript text; since in spreadsheet format, you could format/extract as only text etc)

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks... Yeah, it's all a bit puzzling to me. Obviously, I work in a bit of a bubble compared to maybe other PPro users, but given that the ADA is kind of a big, all-encompassing thing, I would have figured there'd be others out there with a similar issue. Frankly, I'm not sure how other departments in my company are even handling this request, because I know for certain they don't have access to the workaround we have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Other users doing this may not visit the forum. And from the little I saw, I suspect that many higher end users are paying a company to do this. Lots of ads popped up!

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines