• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting a video that is 1 hour and 50 minutes long I cannot complete without freezing

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe peeps, the last couple of days ive had issues with exporting a video thats 1 hour and 50 minutes long, It is a webinar, export at h.264 VBR, 2 pass at 1080p medium bitrate the video. When exporting it freezes after 20 minutes finding it frustrating. The file is approx 8-10gb size even the bitrate I took down a little to try compensate size but it’s happened again. No error message on adobe media encoder, I move the mouse across laptop screen and screen hasn’t froze I click down on Me icon and no display saying application is not responding.

I am directly exporting the video to my external hard drive which has 1.2tb of free space.

Tried on desktop had 7 minutes remaining and then stopped.

Even exporting at h.265 to decrease the file size and kept settings as they are as hardware instead of software in Premier pro.

I dont know if its the software not liking the file sizes as there are 8 files, 4 of which are 4.29gb.

Could it be premier not liking it? I even exported in increments of 10 minutes to create files, then i merged the files on a separate project on a timeline and this time it worked but this as you can appreciate is not ideal. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Becka,

Sorry.

• What's the source footage? Is it XAVC? H.264 from a screen capture? It would be helpful to know.
  • What kind of computer are you running? Windows? Mac? Which OS? Which GPU/CPU/RAM?

Let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin thankyou for your reply,

to get more info i clicked on my

CAMERA 1 shot on panasonic S1 = raw footage files it says: Source is MPEG-4 movie, codecs AAC, H.264, colour profile: HD (1-1-1)

CAMERA 2 Panasonic GH5 = MOV, codecs Timecode, Linear PCM, H.264, colour profile: HD (1-1-1)

MAC - macOS Monterey, version 12.0.1,

processor 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

memory 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Graphics AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB

Many Thanks

Rebecca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a similar problem. And my setup is modern. RTX 3060, Ryzen 3900x, 64GB RAM, 1Tb free storage. I don't understand why premiere can't export an hour and a half video without effects. My solution was to export the audio and use an XML file and export from davinci.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines