• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting AAF of Linked Sequences Only Gives Me One Audio File

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a sequence 'Master Sequence' with a bunch of linked sequences in it. See Picture 1. I 'linked' these sequences by dragging and dropping the sequences into my 'Master Sequence.' I'm now trying to export an AAF file for audio editing, but when I do this, I only get 1 audio track. The individual tracks from the sequences are not exported. See picture 2. Is there a way to expand these 'linked' sequences so that when they appear in the master sequence, they appear with all their individual audio/video tracks, instead of the 1 audio/video track like I have now?

Not sure the best way to go about this. I'm just trying to create an AAF file with all my individual tracks from each sequence without exporting an AAF for each sequence (as this wouldn't give my audio engineer the placement of each sequence relative to one another).

Thanks!

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't use 'nested' audio in an AAF ... there's information on that in the marvelous new document, the Adobe Long-form and Episodic Best Practices Guide which has a great table of contents so you can find what you need quickly for this. 

Which is on page 118, Audio Turnover Steps ... and it tells how to prep the sequence for making an AAF.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil, thanks for the reply. My main question is not how to export the AAF but how to handle the nested sequence. I don't have an option to un-nest the sequence. So how can I unnest the sequence?

Thanks!

Jace

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jace5CE9,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. There is no unnest option I'm aware of. You have to use copy/paste to get the tracks back into the main sequence as separate tracks once more. I hope that helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing, is duplicate and rename the nested sequence. Then 'fix' the dupe.

When on the timeline, if you tap F, you get the "source" clip open in the Source monitor. That's the process used to get to the start point for all the clips in the nest. If you can easily see where the next clip occurs, if you mark an 'out' on the timeline at the change, and at the beginning of it hit F, you can do a 3-point replacement where the app selects the right length of the clip, replacing what's on the current timeline.

It's a bit of a pain to 'un-nest', which really is just recreating the sequence from the original frames.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Neil. That is kind of a cool workflow. I wonder which is faster or better? Let us know, jace. 🙂

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a suggestion by Jarle, of course ... as because there are times we do need to 'de-nest', and it's a right pain. This just makes it a little bit faster. And it may just get you used to doing 3-point replacements, which is a good thing for speeding up the workflow, right?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Woah thanks guys, that's a huge help. I appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines