• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Black Video

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated to Premiere Pro CC 13.0, and since then my videos have been exporting black. The titles still come through on the finished file, and the audio exports as well. The video files are just black. Everything looks fine in the project and in the export preview. I've tried exporting with Encoder and without it and same result.

I'm using h.264 with custom settings, but the exact settings I was using prior to updating. I also can't open my project file on the old version of Premiere because I've updated them to 13.0.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

I NESTED THOSE CLIPS WHICH WERE APPEARING BLACK AND IT SEEMED TO PERFECTLY DO THE JOB FIR ME!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this caused me to lose my entire project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this caused me to lose my entire project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Did you manage to find a fix for this problem? I'm having the exact same problem and I can't fix it. I spent so much time reworking my dance video and now I can't exported it without having a big chunk being black. The exporting was perfectly fine before but now for some reasons it just doesn't work anymore. And I didn't even change the footage or anything, I just reworked Lumetri Colors and timing. I need to submit it for a dance festival by tonight and if I don't find how to fix I'm gonna have to send the "old" one and it's very frustating. Any help would be greatluy appreciated! Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried all those approaches - however for me it was just one sequence (originally an .mp4) out of 50 that exported black (and actually was upside down when imported into Premiere Pro - go figure ...). What finally helped was that I took the original of that sequence, opened it in Quicktime player and exported it. Now I had a .mov file and that worked flawlessly. No black window when pausing the preview and the exported video worked fine, too. Hope this helps somebody.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I did which worked was I replaced by entire video I used. I had shot on my iPhone and so I converted the .mov to an .mp4, replaced the video, and it worked. Must've been something with the file type.

If you're rolling your eyes at this suggestion b/c you already editted your whole timeline than I believe there is a way to replace all of one piece of footage with another with the exact same cuts and aspects. Refer here: https://youtu.be/x9OvNoMgI48 

FREE COURSE! Premiere Pro Quick Start. Create amazing videos with the #1 video editing software. Register for free. https://tinyurl.com/5ky25m79 This Adobe Premiere Pro tutorial will you how to replace a clip in the timeline with a quick and easy shortcut! The Web Guru is an Adobe Certified Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, can I ask where did you convert your video from .mov to .mp4? thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

5 years later this is happening again!! But your fixes still privial thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines