Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Exporting h.264 on macbook cannot be played/downloaded/airdrop to iphone

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting a video (h.264) on macbook, it cannot be played, transferred, or even downloaded to my iphone.  But if i export on a windows machine, the same video CAN be transferred/played on an iphone. So this means if i ever want to export a video for instagram, I have to load the project files into a windows machine?  Not interested in exporting in h.265, or prores.  

I've seen multiple posts with this issue spanning the course of the last 2 or 3 years with no real solution other than people making compromises with their export settings.  I just want to be able to export a video in h.264 and post it on instagram.... seems like premiere pro should be able to handle this??

TOPICS
Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've never had a problem exporting h264 videos on my Macbook pro and sending them to my iPhone. I do it all the time. I just did it 5 mintues ago. Maybe something else is afoot? Care to elaborate about your workflow, export settings, ect...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines