• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting h265 to h264

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I'm new to pp, having previously used Sony Vegas. I've just bought a mavic air2s drone. I'm trying to apply some CC in premier and am having issues  exporting when the source file is h265. To be clear  I want to record in h265 so I can use the dlog feature on the drone.

Regardless of my export settings when the original file is h265 the resulting video doesn't play like a video instead just showing a still image from each of the files I used to make the video. 

When I convert the original files to h264 and use the same export settings it works fine but pp is laggy using the bigger files. 

I'm on Windows 10

i7 8700

16gb ddr4 ram

Premier pro is upto as is Windows and I have downloaded relevant codecs.

All files are stored on an ssd 

Any help will be much appreciated 

TOPICS
Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the frame rate and frame size of your footage? Lagging is a very common problem and your computer is a bit underpowered I believe. It's common in this case to create proxy files so that premiere can use those to edit with and then it replaces them with the real files when exporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mate. 60fps and 4k res.

I knew I was a bit lacking in the ram department but thought my processor would be sufficient.

The proxy files sounds like a good idea to get around the lagginess if I do have to use 264.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines