Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Issues: Problems with choppy drone footage after export

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Looking for some help!

So I have never had this issue before but I am having issues with choppy footage after export. It's a wedding video with multiple shots including some drone footage. The drone footage and majority of other shots from my a7siii are 23.97 frame rate, with the exception of a few 60 fps shots from the a7siii.

The playback within premiere pro is completely fine, no issues with lag at all. However, once exported everything plays as expected other than the drone shots - they are lagging pretty heavily - and it's exclusively the drone shots. Any ideas why it's doing this? I have tried increasing my export bitrate - all the way up to 50 VBR 2 pass and it does nothing at all. 

I have also did the typical clearing of the cache, restarting the computer, tried exporting via media encoder etc.

Some extra info:

most shots are 4k and I scale them down to 1080p in the sequence (I like being able to zoom in on some shots with preserved quality, and my clients typically don't need 4k - yet). 

format is h.264

size is 1080p

let me know if any other info helps!

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Same problem, looks fine in preview but stuttering in exported h265 version. I couldn't get any of the suggested methods to fix it.. I transcoded a highest quality ProRez vesion of the original file with Media encoder and used the ProRez in the edit, which fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use MediaInfo to check out those drone recordings, they could be Variable Frame Rate.

Heard some drone recordings (specifically DJI) can change to VFR instead of CFR to prevent full recording stops. Frames are dropping so it makes VFR files where it can to keep recording, but there are dropouts due to a low write-speed of the SD card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If VFR isn't the issue, try turning off Hardware encoding in the export settings.

If VFR:
https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
Here is a tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, looks fine in preview but stuttering in exported h265 version. I couldn't get any of the suggested methods to fix it.. I transcoded a highest quality ProRez vesion of the original file with Media encoder and used the ProRez in the edit, which fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2023 May 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer.  Same problem here.  I rendered the original file to another format and replaced the clip.  It worked but oh so frustrating that it's necessary.  Thanks again for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Here! Ive never had problems with my drone footage before.. Now its giving me problems in the timelinbe and when I export to h264. I Hate Premiere in these moments! Pro-Res Didnt work for me..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was very fustrated and loose hope. but this solution helped me. 
Thank you very much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines