• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting just the subtile track in Adobe Premiere Pro so that it can be used in Adobe After Effects

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have styled subtitles in Premiere Pro which I would like to import into After Effects.

I have tried burning the subtitle track to the video in Premiere Pro but the video was shot without stabilisation and I need to adjust the position with keyframes in After Effects to make sure the subject remains in the same place. This means the captions move around as well as they are burned onto the video.
Also, I'm applying a half screen title and it's covering the subtitle.

Is there a way to export the captions from Adobe Premiere with an alpha background (remove the black) so that I can use them as a video layer in After Effects?

Alternatively, is there any other way to treat the captions / subtitle as a separate asset?

Screenshot 2023-01-18 at 12.19.42.png

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Export , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Dave,

I would do the AE work first, then bring that back to PR to do captions.

But you can just turn off the video tracks and export anything that includes an alpha channel. I did a png sequence and ProRes 4444. Be sure to set the captions to burn in.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

I would do the AE work first, then bring that back to PR to do captions.

But you can just turn off the video tracks and export anything that includes an alpha channel. I did a png sequence and ProRes 4444. Be sure to set the captions to burn in.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Stan,
Yes, realised the logic of doing the captions at the end in Premiere after I posted.
Many thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines