Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Luts wont apply

Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I'm trying to export a video but the LUT won't apply.

I'm using the latest version of PP with the April update.

I've never had this issue before?

Any ideas?

R

Philip

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Hi

I found the answer.

Thanks for getting back to me. I found a tutorial that shows the correct way to load LUTS into the encoder.

Regards

Philip

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None until we have a bit more information.

What's the LUT, and where-from?

When you say it isn't exporting, is that from viewing the export in another player, or viewed back imported into PrPro on the Program monitor screen?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I found the answer.

Thanks for getting back to me. I found a tutorial that shows the correct way to load LUTS into the encoder.

Regards

Philip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell the rest of us how you did it?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What problem are you having, and on which number-dot-number version of PrPro?

In 12.1.1, you can create a pair of folders in Users/<username>/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Common/LUTs folder,  call them Creative and Technical.

Put LUTs to use in Lumetri's Basic tab Input slot in Technical and those to be browsed and applied in the Creative tab in the Creative folder.

NOT only will you be able to select them via the drop-down lists and see preview in the Creative tab, but they'll be "visible" to ME also.

One of the new features in 12.1.1.

Neil

[Moderator note: version numbers corrected to current build.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the latest version of Premier CC and it is 12.1.1 where do I get 12.1.2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mistake ... the numbering of this app drives me nuts.

When they patched us from 12.1 ... why was the next patch 12.1dot1 rather than 12.2? I dunno. So I keep typing 12.2 instead of the ... apparently more correct (somehow? ... ) ... 12.1.1.

Let me not even start on trying to ensure one has the appropriate set of concurrent apps between PrPro/AfterEffects/Audition/Prelude for any particular point in time ... sheesh.

Sorry for the confusion ... well, causing additional confusion? ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I am asking the wrong question. I am using Prelude to trying to transcode a batch of  S-log MOV clips into H.264 and apply a LUT so the client doesn't see flat lifeless footage. I want to use the stock Alexa S-log to rec 709 LUT that comes with Premier and after watching tutorials all day long am further from my goal than when I started. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh ... you're starting in Prelude. Haven't been over "there" in a few weeks, and getting ready to run to an appointment, no time to test this evening.

I did prove to myself that neither PrPro nor ME as of 12.1.1 will export any LUT added via the Effects tab in the Export dialog ... other than the few included SpeedLooks (SL) options.

ME is the encoding tool for all three I think ... so if both PrPro & ME have that bug, it's probably the same in Prelude. Ergo, probably this is a bug filing situation for all three apps. Joy, eh?

Not sure how to get around this. Maybe if you import into PrPro, and in Master controls for the clips, set the tonality you need ...  right-click a group and then export from the bins directly, you'll get the corrections applied. Tried that with an Alexa clip I've got, it worked ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just uninstalled the latest version of Media Encoder and installed a previous one and it works.

George Monteiro

Owner

Sea-Cam, Inc.

[Moderator note: personal details removed.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear you're working.

And hope you filed bugs!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did. And thanks for your help. It’s little b bugs like that that bring life to a stand still.

George Monteiro

Owner

Sea-Cam, Inc.

www.sea-cam.com

[Moderator note: personal details removed.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T94xRxZDwN8

That's how you do it. Do check and follow the process. Thank me later.

UPDATE TO THIS FIX - https://youtu.be/Kvce2G2ZvzY Here in this tutorial I will show you how to fix the issue of Premiere Pro CC and Media Encoder not exporting you colour grades and/or LUTs. FREE TRIAL FOR THE BEST MUSIC ON YOUTUBE - https://www.musicbed.com/invite/NWeoT Where I get my music - Get

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No NO NO!

That has been a BAD way to do it for three years now!

NEVER EVER put you LUTs in the program/package folder. Very bad things will happen.

First, those folders are assumed to be identical between the apps by the apps. Why? Because the apps will only know that in PrPro, you used the 3rd LUT down in the Creative folder. They will NEVER know you used a specific LUT.

Add any more LUTs to the folder, and you've now screwed up the way it will 'see' every other LUT in those folders! Add a LUT named earlier than the last one you added, it won't give you the correct LUT it did a few moments ago.

And further ... next version update ... NONE of your LUTs will come along. Period!

Use the process laid out in all their instructions for parking LUTs in the User location shown in the chart above. It solves ALL those problems.

First, you only put a LUT in ONE ... 1 ... place, and all three apps will see and use it.

Second, you can add and change the LUTs in those folders, and they will still be used correctly. Because in THOSE folders, the LUTs are accessed by their name, which is different from the process in the package/program folders.

And third ... when you update to the next version, those version apps will ALL STILL see your added LUTs.

Come on people, don't do silly stuff.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines