• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

exporting markers to encore 5.1

Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as far as I know, I can't work with encore 6 on either my mac or windows systems cause it now requires a serial number rather than a CC sign in (if someone knows a workaround, please let me know) but I do have a serial number for CS 5.5 on the mac so I can work in Encore 5.1.  I am investigating other app solutions for bluray and dvd authoring but figure I'll do some workflow testing with Encore 5.1.  It would make my life easier if I could add chapter (compression) markers in Premiere that would be part of an output file that would allow me to import the output file to Encore 5.1 with the markers already embedded in the timeline.

I've done a couple of tests making "chapter" markers in premiere and exporting as a prores quicktime file and bringing that file into Encore but the chapters don't seem to be there.

Thanks

Michael

I know this outdated arcane workflow, but just asking at this point.  

TOPICS
Export , Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Chapter markers only transfer over Bluray and dvd compatible files type such as

m4v or mpeg2-dvd.

So Prores wont work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chapter markers only transfer over Bluray and dvd compatible files type such as

m4v or mpeg2-dvd.

So Prores wont work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Ann.   I was figuring prores would be the safest way to go, but will do a test shortly.  Did do due diligence before posting  (that's an odd sentence) and did some research in the premiere and encore manuals but didn't find this.     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont think this is anywhere in the manual: trial and error. (forgot dv avi.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just did a test exporting using the blu-ray preset in the premiere export dialog and queing to AME and brought the resulting files into encore 5.1 and the markers were there...  Thanks Ann...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> with the markers already embedded in the timeline

Just to add information, the PR exported markers are carried by sidecar files, not embedded in the file. I don't remember which actually carries it: there are 3 sidecar files generated and the chapter information is in all 3: .xmp, .xmpses,and .xmpses.xmp.

We are reminded of this anytime we copy the video and audio files only, without also copying these sidecar files.

The Prores creates none of these.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Stan.  If I remember correctly the quicktime file will include the markers and I'm guessing they're embedded in the metadata...  That was the case in FCP 1-7, I think.    I did see the sidecar files which clearly came in with the video and audio file into encore 5.1 even though I only dragged the video and audio files in.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't CS5/6 era Premiere Pro have an "Encore Chapter Marker" check box in the Markers dialog box?

I'm also remembering something about "Send to Encore" from the PR project side for Sequences and then having to choose "Update timeline with Premiere Project Markers?” on the Encore project side.

I don't remember Encore seeing QuickTime Chapter Markers if present in a MOV file.  For what it's worth, QuickTime doesn't use sidecar files because the information is appended into the file itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Encore doesn't see the markers in a quicktime file, but they are there.   If you export a sequence with markers as prores and then import the file back into premiere, there they are.  But if you bring that file into Encore 5.1, they aint.  

And although Premiere 5.5 may have the checkbox in the markers dialog box, I'm working in Premiere 2021.   

It's not a simple job.   Working on the restoration of a 80's documentary and doing the captions in premiere 2021 has been great.  So even if working in Premiere 5.5 or 6 was an option, too late...   Not sure that working in Encore is the smartest move.   I'm working on both a 2012 macbook pro and a 2017 macbookpro both running Mojave.  On the 2012 macbookpro encore seems to crash when I quit.  If I save before I quit, there don't seem to be any other issues...  and that doesn't seem to be happening on the 2017 macbookpro...   I'm going to do a rough pass this week in encore from soup to nuts (including burning) as a bluray and dvd and see if there are any issues...  

If anyone's interested, I can keep you posted as to how it's working.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines