• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Multi-cam via XML and importing in new project location not reading the Multi-cam effect

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to export an XML that has a multi-cam sequence to give to a co-worker so they can continue the edit with multi-cam. We both have the files needed and transferring project files makes the video files corrupted in premiere. Does XML or anything support Multi-cam exports to continue on the same multi-cam sequence somewhere else?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What NLE is your co-worker using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are both using Premiere Pro 2018 if that is what you are asking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  Don't worry about XML.  Just send him the project file and media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems this problem may have been solved in a previous post:

Importing XML Multicam from Premiere Pro CS6

Try that (flattening the multicam sequence)... I think because Multicam sequences are nested, the XML file does not convert them appropriately into legible code and it gets muddled up. I haven't checked whether 2018 still has this feature.

When you say opening up the project file makes the video files corrupted - in what way? it's not just a case of re-linking missing files maybe?

Have you also tried importing the project file into a new project and selecting the appropriate sequence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to update this thread, I was having the same problem.  The solution is in fact what Marcoe suggested.  Select the multicam timeline, right click, select Multicam, then Flatten.  The timeline will turn from green to blue and can be exported as XML/AFF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

saved my life

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines