• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting multiple sidecar files in Premier

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I export two separate closed caption side car files for the same video? I have a short film that I've edited on premiere which I'm submitting to film festivals, but they require the film to be exported to DCP with the captions and subtitles in xml format. In my timeline, I have English Closed Captions on my C1 layer, and French subtitles on my C2 layer. Both were imported as srt files, and both are formatted to CEA 708 in the timeline (English CC is on Stream 1, French subs are on Stream 2). When I choose "create sidecar" in the export window under captions, and choose the xml format in the drop down menu, it only exports one of the closed caption files (the English C.C. on C1). It does not export the French subtitles. If I try putting them both on Stream 1, it only exports the French subs, and not the English CC. Is there a way to export BOTH caption files as separate xml side cars?

TOPICS
Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you can do that: get multiple sidecar files in one export. AND the logical workaround would be to export from the Text Panel. But you can only export srt. I think you have found the only way: one at a time from export. And you have to export audio or video also, you can use that export to just export a sidecar.

Upvote this Feature request:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/43009716-exporting-mcc-xml-...

Have you edited the caption tracks? Position, timing, anything? If not, you can convert your original srt to xml with a thrid party tool, for example, SubtitleEdit. You could also export srt from PR and convert, but the srt won't carry any formatting.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hey Stan,

I did play with the timing and such after I imported the srt files into the
timeline. I had a feeling that as a last resort I might have to export to
dcp twice (one with each side car) and then just add the one side car file
to the other dcp folder when all was said and done. Thanks for confirming!
Much appreciated.

Best,

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines