Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting subtitles selection

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is there any way to export a video with two subtitles tracks, so that the viewer is able to select the language in a media player?

I know I can export two .srt files but then everytime someone wants subtitles, they have to import them into the media player.

I also know I can burn subtitles into the video but this only allows for one language.

I just want one single video file with subtitles as an optional choice.

Is this possible?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are asking for is embedded captions. Think TV 608/708. The export file types are limited, and the player must handle them. There are other options, but not within PR.

The way most people do it is with the separate files.

And yes, a bit of a pain, because you can only export one sidecar file at a time.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. So do you mean that even if I use 608/708, it is not possible to embed more than one closed caption into the clip? What are my other options, as separate files do not solve the problem? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can embed up to 4? streams of 608 and 708 in a single file. See help file re file types. And PR Quicktime exports won't export 708.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/working-with-captions.html

"Premiere Pro supports embedding into and decoding from the following file formats:

MOV
DNxHD MXF Op1a
MXF Op1a"

It is possible to embed in mpeg, but PR won't do it.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines