• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting video from premiere pro is taking too long

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So exporting from premiere pro has always pretty long for me because I have low RAM, but it's has never taken days for it to export. My videos are less than 15 minutes with minor edits. I have the storage and 7.59 in RAM. I've updated premiere pro and tried changing the settings as well. My footage is 4k and the audio is mid.

Any help would be great. 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

If NVIDIA graphics, make sure to use the 517.40 Studio Driver from NVIDIA (NOT the Game Driver).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have over 350 GB left on my local disk and about 900 GB left on a external disk. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What graphics card do you have?

Your specs aren't really what is needed for 4K:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the disks SSD or HDD?

What is on each disk (media, cache, exports)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One is SSD (local) and the other is HDD (external). 

My external is what I use mainly for the videos but I use the local when I think something is wrong (like now). 

There's just videos, pictures and screenshots on both. I clean out my computer pretty often because I don't really use it for anything else. And my computer is up to date as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What effects are you using on your video? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very minor effects like color grading. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Color grading is not a minor effect.  It uses a lot of computer resources.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your timeline is "red", which means it renders solely by CPU. To make render/export faster, follow these rules:

1) Ideally don't use CPU-effects at all (keep a timeline "yellow" = maximum speed mode)

2) If you can't avoid using CPU-effects - don't mix up CPU- and GPU- effects in the same adjustment layer. Doing so will switch rendering into "software only" mode (=very slow). Instead separate GPU and CPU effects in two different layers. Put "GPU-layer" on top of a "CPU-layer". This way GPU-acceleration will actually work

3) In case of applying effects directly to a clip without adjustment layers: organize effects in a way that all GPU-effects are applied after CPU-effects

4) If by all means you have to use some CPU-only effect on top of accelerated ones - then split the job on 2 parts: first you export the timeline with accelerated effects, then re-import and add that necessary CPU-effect(s). This way it'll be much faster than CPU-only render in one pass. (or use render-&-replace instead of export-import)

5) One more thing to remember. PPro often consider 3rd party effects as non-accelerated even if they use GPU for rendering (Twixtor, RGMB suite, etc ). Use this as main criteria of non-accelerated effect - its addition turns render bar from yellow to red.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What video format is the source footage?

What format are the Sequnece Video Previews set to?

What format are you exporting to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines