Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting with closed captions messing up video

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I used the speech to text option to create subtitles for a video but whenever I export it the video is a glitchy mess, see below:

gnadto_0-1666346813430.png

Is there something I doing wrong in the export settings as everything looks perfect in the Preview?

My export settings are below:

gnadto_1-1666346901863.pnggnadto_2-1666346939321.png

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I've been struggling with this for a few days.

Thanks

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I should have said subtitles in the title, I want the subtitles to permanently appear on the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off hardware encoding and try again, see how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked!!!! Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's interesting to know, Ann. Is this a general thing to be aware of, or something that will only bite under specific circumstances please? I ask because we have now had to start doing subtitling, even for concert films (iTunes are now insisting, it seems) and this is something that has not yet bitten me but if it does then at least I have an option to look at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines