Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, 

So I've been using a 24" M1 2021 iMac for the better part of this year for work and when I first started it was exporting videos incredibly fast, but recently in the past 2 weeks it has been taking export times and increasinging them a ridiculous amount. I'm not even using 4K footage. It takes an 9.5 minute segment 80 minutes to export. I've tried the media cache trick and I've also tried the using previews and rendering footage before exporting and it's not doing anything. I just have no idea why it's taking so much time for such low quality footage (relatively speaking) 

Does anyone have any input?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by low quality? Bad image quality or low resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I mean 1080p as opposed to 4K. The footage I used to output was from 4K cameras and it was putting out videos that were 30-60 seconds in the same amount of time. So "low quality" 1080p video should be faster. No?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That should not make such a difference, codec is usually the main factor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm using the default "export to YouTube" with "use preview" checked. So it's using H.264, nothing special.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines