• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exports stall and cause system freeze only off one RAID

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bit of a unique issue I fear, I scoured multiple forums for anything similar. Last two projects I've been editing (multicam, 4k, some RAW footage) Premiere works perfectly, (no issues whatsoever during normal ingest, edit, rough grade, subtitles, mix etc), but upon export it will hang at a random percentage, the RAID tally lights stop blinking and if I don't cancel the export within 60-ish seconds it freezes my entire system for a few minutes and everything needs to be force quit. I tried a workaround on my last project by exporting through Media encoder, but sadly that has stopped working.

Now where it gets strange. I've been umounting my RAID (OWC Thunderbay 4) and mounting an archive drive, reconnecting media on that drive and it exports fine. So it seems that the OWC would be the issue, but why does premiere stop communicating with it ONLY during export? Exports fine through Resolve when I do the final color grade which leads me to believe it may be software. Ran full diagnostics on the RAID (checked out), updated my OS, cleared Premiere cache and am running the current version of Premiere (22.2). I've probably edited 30+ projects in the last two years on this exact system and hadn't updated any software until this week when the issue started (updates didn't change anything). Tech stats below, anyone have some idea of why this has suddenly happened?

Mac Pro (2019)

3.3 GHz 12 core Intel Xeon W

64GB RAM

AMD Radeon Pro W5700 16gb

OS 12.2.1

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, are you running the most current version of SoftRaid for the Thunderbay? And have you reached out to OWC to get their take? This may yet be some kind of hardware issue.

JVK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This may be totally unrelated but there's enough similarities to explore as the following happens when exporting from one of the systems I use on a freelance gig.

Also a 2019 MacPro (very similar to yours), but Synology Raid (I think).

Everything is fine for editing but exports back to the Raid intermittantly fail. They fully export but the export has a freeze frame usually near the end of the program and sometimes audio also freezes.

Read of something like this happening with other users here and the solution (albeit not a great one) was to export to the desktop. I our case this does actually resolve any export problems.

Worth trying just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines