Exports to HEVC and H.264 very large

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Until this week, a 30 min film, exported to HEVC (265) at 1080p 50fps, resulted in a file of approx 1.5GB.

I'm now finding this length of sequence exports to around 8GB.

Despite playing around with some of the more advanced settings under the 'video' tab, I don't seem to be able to reduce the file size down to a more manageable size.

Why has this suddenly happened? Same camera, same audio, same everything except maybe an update to 22.5

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filesize = duration x bitrate.

Want the filesize down: lower the bitrate.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, yes that makes sense. To correct my original post, reducing bitrate does reduce file size. 

I guess what I'm struggling with is knowing why my file sizes have suddenly changed. I previously selected HEVC .265 and left everything alone... worked perfectly and now it doesn't! 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines