Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exports with 3rd Party Audio Plug-ins Remain unreliable in Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe,

Your 3rd Party plug-in support continues to be unreliable and unprofessional.   

I use 3rd party plug-ins (Waves, Izotope and others) in short :30 pieces we edit.  I use Waves Vocal Rider, Izotope EQ, Waves De-esser, L1 Maximizer)  to quickly level and sweeten mixes.   When I play back and review the timeline, the mix is perfect, then when I export to H264 for approvals the mix is off.. So I look at the waveforms and can see where some if not all of the plug-ins aren't being processed.   Sometimes I can even immediately export the exact same timeline without making any adjustments and comparing waveforms and they are WAAY off.   I cannot tell what is making the mixes change and how to just make the damn mix export exactly as I hear it in playback.  I am convinced that 3rd party support is lacking somewhere.  Back in Oct 2021 I had the same issue as well as problems opening projects with Waves plug ins... the project open issues seem to be resolved, but the inconsistency and unreliability of  Adobe and 3rd party audio plug-ins support just plain stinks.   Here I sit trying to get projects finished and am spending STUPID amounts of time trying to make sure my mixes are exporting correctly.    

Back in Oct 2021 I reached out to Waves who points their finger at Adobe.  Please please open up and let us know what the issue is, are you all working with these 3rd party companies to fix these issues?   

I have attached 4 screen-grabs of the waveform showing the inconsistency of audio mixes from the exact same timeline.   These are exports from the same timeline with no changes to the plug-in settings.   The only thing that happens between exports is I review the mixer confirming that the plug-in is enabled, or I double-click the plug-in to review the settings.   

From my original post on this issue Oct, 2021.  

*****THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL AND ANNOYING THING THAT HAPPENS IS APPLYING PLUGINS, EXPORTING A MASTER, THEN UPON QC'ING REALIZING THAT OH WAIT AN ENTIRE EFFECT IS NOT PROCESSING****

I had this happen just the other day, mixed till it was good to go, export to post for approval and - wait I cant hear the talent!  Go back and check and the effect wasn't even being used in the export.   

****ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS QC YOUR STUFF BEFORE POSTING****

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

01.png

02.png

03.png

04.png

    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is realistically, primarily, a user to user assist site with some support staff oversight. (I'm another user myself.)

We need to get your problem to the devs. AND to the all-important M&E people above the product teams (who are the ones making overall budget and time decisions).

To do that, go to the Premiere Pro UserVoice site. I'm on a phone or I'd give the link.

And from talking with the engineers,  every post there is both logged into their dev's system manually, and all posts go in collated format to the M&E people.

File a report as least as detailed as this, so they can look at it and easily see how to replicate. The better the details, the more easily the devs can get on it. And see the need.

Also, all video post audio, both Pr and Ae, is handled by the Audition team. So posting on the Audition forum gets to the actual audio staff and more experienced users.

The users there may even be able to help you with the plug-ins.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well gang... I think the issue was on me.   Mea culpa!  After 2022 was installed I did not go back and check for updates from Waves.   There in fact were newer plug-ins available.   I just installed the updates (v13) and am happy to report that so far things are working much better.   Will post any issues or updates.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines